• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. SMichelsen

Possible Philco Transac 2000 board

Back in 2008 I found these transistors on ebay. The seller's address was Colorado Springs, CO. It turns out the seller was Donald Mueller, who taught at the Air Force Academy and co-wrote "Fundamentals of Astrodynamics". So then I took him at his word when he stated that these transistors...
  2. SMichelsen

Using a printer with an Eagle I (?)

OK thanks for that. As I said, I have a lot to learn; I will start with your suggestion and attempt to make a cable. In the meantime, if you're interested here is the reason for my efforts with the Eagle - I am pressing it back into service. www.stevenmichelsen.com/AVL#2022
  3. SMichelsen

I am trying to print from "Procall", which is the software written by AVL for the Eagle to drive multi-image slide shows. Running this software is the reason that the Eagle exists at all. Here's a screenshot of the application at work, in this case, a six-projector show. There is no control...
  4. SMichelsen

David, thank you for all that, but it is all "outside of my skill set" at the moment. Much to learn.
  5. SMichelsen

OK thanks much for that. One challenge I have now is being able to identify the various possibilities to assign the printer to. Also, once set, how can I choose (if I must choose) the correct output? My machine has two parallel outputs. I found the STAT application and attempted to assign...
  6. SMichelsen

The Eagle uses CP/M 2.2. I took a look at the page you linked-to, and also this one... https://www.seasip.info/Cpm/iobyte.html My question is, what do I need to access and edit the IOBYTE setting? Is there an application that gives a user interface for such things? Is that something like...
  7. SMichelsen

OK I have the 36 pin -36 pin cable, but upon attempting to print to my LX-80 from a couple of applications I get - nothing. I suppose that I need to tell the BIOS what port to use? I am sorry to say that I have no idea where to start. I am pretty much a CP/M noob; I have a lot of hours USING...
  8. SMichelsen

The cable I have is a 36 pin centronics (printer side) to a DB25 (computer side). I take it this is a "PC" cable? Perhaps I should try this one - a 36-36 pin cable that would connect with the "parallel B" port on the Eagle (??) I am not quite sure if the Eagle is going to want me to select...
  9. SMichelsen

I have an AVL Eagle I computer. I am looking to connect a printer. I figured I would use my Epson LX-80, which has a Centronics parallel cable. I see that the parallel ports on the Eagle are not the same - please see the photo. It has serial ports that are actually the same pin config as my...
  10. SMichelsen

need help identifying a capacitor

Hey that's great - thanks! I bought a handful. With any luck I can fix my little problem...
  11. SMichelsen

need help identifying a capacitor

Can someone please tell me what the correct replacement for this capacitor is? I need to replace one that failed in dramatic, smoky fashion...
  12. SMichelsen

Booting a CP/M computer for the first time in 30 years. Precautions?

Eagle16 - not familiar with that. I only have an "Eagle I" and "Eagle II", both by AVL. Here's the Eagle I, which is an S100 bus machine. Of course the pic of the Eagle II is above. The software that drives the multi image shows is the same.
  13. SMichelsen

Success! I installed the power supply, fired it up with a boot disk in place, and there was the A: prompt! Fantastic. I did have a little issue with the keyboard - only 6 keys wanted to work, and each of those produced the wrong letter. A shot of DeOxit D5 on both ends of the keyboard cable...
  14. SMichelsen

OK I got the parts and installed them into the PSU. Tomorrow I will install it into the Eagle. Here is the .1uF unit and its replacement. Here are the .01uF units and their replacement. Here's the PSU with the new bits.
  15. SMichelsen

Thanks to all. I ordered a 10-pack of each from US sources so I won't have to wait weeks. I have 3 Eagle II's - two of them are working fine but I ought to replace the old caps on all of them. It looks like the pins are long enough to get all them to fit regardless of spacing. 0.01uF...
  16. SMichelsen

I got some pictures - the 0.1uf cap is indeed toasted. Can you recommend a vendor for these? Are exact replacements still out there? So far I have found this one. Is this appropriate?
  17. SMichelsen

Chuck (G): Right. AVL is "Audio Visual Laboratories"; they built hardware to drive multi-image slide shows. The AVL Eagle drives the "Dove" dissolve units via "Procall" software and the RCA outputs, and the dissolves drive 3 projectors each. Here is a picture of my garage, with an Eagle...
  18. SMichelsen

Well there's good news and bad news. The good news is that after a little head-cleaning with the head-cleaning floppy and some isopropl, after a couple of tries, the computer booted to a utilities floppy. The bad news is, after I stepped away from the running machine for a few minutes, I came...
  19. SMichelsen

OK tomorrow I will cross my fingers, flip the switch and report back. I may take the big bezel off the front of the machine so that I can get a quicker view of any anomalous vapors or aromas that may appear.
Back