• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. pcdata76

16 bit ISA XMS Board Design?

Is there any update on this beautiful project?
  2. pcdata76

1M memory upgrade mod for IBM PCXT 5160 and Portable 5155

Both kinds of memory have their own advantages. It just depends on the software intended to run. But if you have an XT with CGA/MDA, then you can both have EMS+UMB too with this mod (just assign UMB to A and E segments and map EMS page frame to the D segment. If your EMS board has an option to...
  3. pcdata76

1M memory upgrade mod for IBM PCXT 5160 and Portable 5155

Hello ;) After reading the main thread about the upgrade procedure for XT's thoroughly, I've decided to apply the same modification (replecement of memory decoder ROM IC U44 with a custom programmed GAL chip) to max out the onboard memory of my IBM XT series computers (one late-model 5160 with...
  4. pcdata76

5160 Original IBM 20MB HDD seek issue and solution

I've owned a late-model 5160 with original Xebec MFM controller and IBM full height 20MB hard drive few months ago. Power supply was dead, so i've transplanted the board of an ATX power supply into the case of 5160 PS. I've powered it on but a tantalum at the 12V rail on CGA card went short...
  5. pcdata76

List of Capacitors in IBM 5151, 5153 and 8513 Monitors

UPDATE: I've replaced all of the electrolytic capacitors of monitors and power supply of 5155. I've measured ESR and capacitance of all removed caps as a reference and compared with the newly bought japanese (nichicon, rubycon, nippon chemicon) caps. Instead of replacing them entirely, only...
  6. pcdata76

Story of a Roland SC-88 repair work

I've bought a working SC-88 from ebay few months ago. It was totally working when delivered and i've used it for some time and then moved to the storage. Yesterday, i wanted to test music quest branded midi interface card and set it up again. Powered it on, it booted up fine but there was a...
  7. pcdata76

WTB: Sony Multiscan CPD-1302/CPD-1303 or CPD-1402 Monitor

Hi, I'm looking for a Sony Multiscan CPD-1302/CPD-1303 or CPD-1402 color monitor. Tube and shell could be aged/worn since i've good spares for both of them. Actually i'm only interested in electronics but good working/clean units are OK too. Make your offer if you have any for sale. PS: You...
  8. pcdata76

Yes, all are in µF. I actually forgot to define units. Note that I only listed the electrolytics. Other low capacitance film/ceramic capacitors are not listed and they usually no need to replace unless failed. The only exception to the case is the famous RIFA X2 suppression caps. If any of your...
  9. pcdata76

During the week-end, I've decided to remove the cabinet of my newly bought 5153 (together with a late-model 5160) to check inside and clean the internals thoroughly because it was filling the room with heavy smoke odor within minutes after operation. Here, IBM gear is usually used mainly in...
  10. pcdata76

WTB: IBM XEBEC MFM Controller for XT

Dear all, I'm looking for a working Xebec MFM controller (preferably variation#3 with 20MB Type-13 hard drive support, or at least variation#2 which can be modded for 20MB drives) for my XT. Since i need to recover the contents of the original harddrive, it should be the Xebec one. Its original...
  11. pcdata76

Sony CPD-1301E CGA Monitor Trouble (Misaligned Even/Odd lines)

Hello, Last week i've recovered a beautiful Sony trinitron CPD-1301E CGA monitor produced in mid 80's (it can do both TTL RGB/RGBI and analog 15 kHz RGB) from a computer junkyard. There was some small scratches on its front bezel otherwise it was in a quite a good physical condition so i've...
  12. pcdata76

Download link for Olivetti PCS-46C computer setup disk images

Hello, I've created setup and user manual floppies of Olivetti PCS-46C computer. Setup software is originally located in a hidden partition on harddisk and it boots automatically to the setup program if CMOS is corrupted. But floppies are required to setup CMOS in case of a disk failure or...
  13. pcdata76

Problem in the home built XT memory expansion card

Hello everybody, After reading the threads which are explaining the methodology of adding memory into UMB area and using it to load device drivers, I decided to build a simple memory card to use in my 5155, Turbo XT and PS/2 model-30 computers. Actually, I’ve decided to buy Lotech’s 1 MB RAM...
  14. pcdata76

AT Drive type table modification is possible on IBM 5170?

Hi, I have an IBM 5170 with type-1 planar but 3rd edition BIOS on it to support 1.44 floppy drive. I want to install ST251 MFM drive but it works only at Type-3 with 3/4 of capacity (30 MB) since BIOS drive table does not contain the correct parameters (820/6/17) but Type-3 (615/6/17) as...
  15. pcdata76

Quantum Prodrive LPS240 SCSI HDD firmware

Hi, I've got a SCSI Quantum Prodrive LPS HDD with 240MB of capacity. On the disk there is a label with "Apple logo-230" and another with "EPROM 1992-Apple logo" written on it. I think it is a drive made for apple computers (i have no any knowledge on them) and seems to has a different firmware...
  16. pcdata76

BIOS upgrade in IBM 5160 doesn't work. Help needed!

After doing some successful updates on my 5155, i decided to upgrade its cpu with a V20 mainly to gain the possibility of running some real-mode 286 software. For the purpose, bought some v20 chips from eBay and put one of them in my 5155 but didnt post like it has a dead board. I suspected from...
  17. pcdata76

Non-Working 5170 System Board

I found a 256/512 kB system board of 5170 with 128k piggybacked memory on a local auction website. I requested from owner to check the board by connecting an ISA video adapter and AT power supply. He did, but said that he couldn't get a video. The board has one missing memory chip on Bank1...
  18. pcdata76

Future Domain TMC-885M ISA SCSI BIOS Image

I own a TMC885M ISA SCSI adapter with lacking BIOS chip so i can't boot from disk. Anybody has the bios dump for this card? I found BIOS dumps for TMC850 on internet but TMC885 couldn't.
  19. pcdata76

Wanted : IBM PS/2 Model 30/286 HDD and Floppy Bezel

Hi, I'm looking for the floppy drive and hard drive bezels of IBM PS/2 Model 30/286? Bezels with broken retainer clips could be also ok. Anybody have to sell? Thanks, Onur
  20. pcdata76

Wanted : IBM PS/2 Model 60 Floppy Drive

Hi, I'm looking for the 1.44MB floppy drive of IBM PS/2 Model-60 (8560). It has edge connector but any suitable drive which is known to work with this computer using 34 to 40 pin adapter cable is OK. It doesn't need to perfectly fit in its place. Thanks, Onur
Back