• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

IBM System/36 5364 PC

With the help of a new, and very generous, friend from the forum here, I was able to replace my bad floppy drive, and the new floppy works great. The new floppy drive is a YE Data YD-380 Type 1718. Thank you very much (you know who you are :) ! I was able to upgrade my 5364 from V4 to V5...
  2. P

PDP11/23 Project Completed (at least for now)

I recently completed some long overdue upgrades to my Micro-PDP11/23, and thought I would share them here. I got this machine about 20 years ago from the building manager of a building I used to work in. She was happy to have someone get it out of her office, and I gladly took it! It had...
  3. P

Kind of 11/73 Console/SLU issue ...

I just set this up myself... If you go through the demo program, you go through the 'd' option, then 'en DL11' - and that's it... If you add this to one of the .cmd files then you can enable the DL11 along with something like 'm i' for memory. In autostart.sh, I reused the memory option...
  4. P

Micro PDP-11/23 Project - Question about rebuilding Ultrix-11 Kernel with TCPIP

It's working! One issue that was tripping me up was the default vector address for the DEQNA in the build script was 400, but the correct address from the manual is 120. After correcting that, and rebuilding the kernel, qe0 was working. My PDP11/23 is now a stealth 11/73, and talks to my...
  5. P

yep, it is. Thanks for that - I didn't understand the positioning of the cards very well. I'll correct it...
  6. P

I figured out my problem with the RQDX3 - turns out the problem was ME... when I tested the configuration above, I had failed to put the SD card back in the zuluscsi. DOH... Now, in the config above, with the SD card in, it boots just fine... Now on to getting the DELQA in DEQNA Lock...
  7. P

I added back the DELQA, and the system still boots up fine. I then added the RQDX3, and the system fails to boot, just waits indefinitely, and no lights come on on the UC07, so I think the RQDX3 is the culprit. I'm going to double check the switch settings and jumpers. Since all I'm using...
  8. P

That worked! I removed the RQDX3, moved the UC07 in it's place (also removed the DELQA I forgot to mention was in there too), Jumpers 1-8 on KDJ11-A set, and it BOOTED!!!! This is so awesome - I'm going to go back to my original goal of getting the DELQA working. Will rebuild a new...
  9. P

hmmm I may have got the address mixed up in my mind, and not double checked... ok I'll try again. I'll remove the RQDX3... also forgot to mention, I have the QBone TTYS2 (really called S1 - the manual appears to be wrong) emulating a DL11, and that seems to work, at least with ODT...
  10. P

Here's the setup I tested: Jumpers on the KDJ11-A were 1-8 IN, 9 Out I also tried 1-7 IN, 8-9 Out The UC07 manual says to put 3 & 7 IN for KDJ11-A for autoboot. UC07 Firmware is set for device 0 autoboot, and it is set for default address. Switches are 0-4=OFF 5=ON 6=ON With either...
  11. P

So I gave the 11/73 CPU card a try, and I was successfully able to boot to ODT, but I didn't have access to my UC07 - and I'm pretty sure my problem is that I need a grant card. My KDF11-BJ CPU takes the full slot, but the 11/73 only takes half the slot - and from what I've read, you need a...
  12. P

New fans for my Micro PDP11/23

My old fans were Torin TA450 - which according to a catalog I found, seems these models are 106cfm. They don't seem to spec fans like this anymore, the specs for the fan I got is here - https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-s12a-flx/specification Seems the airflow of this model is listed...
  13. P

New fans for my Micro PDP11/23

The cooling fans on my Micro PDP11/23 were wearing out - the bearings in one were failing and the fan would no longer spin, and the other one was getting loud and rattling a bit so I wanted to replace them. After looking around a bit I found a 12v fan that has slightly lower CFM, but is much...
  14. P

I was just doing some research on how to get the qbone to autostart my memory service when the computer is turned on, and I noticed this note at the bottom of one of the FAQ pages... So, now I'm thinking maybe I don't need another card that implements the DL ports - maybe I can use the QBone...
  15. P

Thanks for saving me a ton of time :) Ok, I think I'll save that project for another day. I'll do some research on cards that provide DL ports and maybe look to pick one up. You have any recommendations? The configuration of the M8192 and UC07 seem pretty simple, the UC07 manual even...
  16. P

I think I will give that a try - I have an M7957, assuming I can connect to the first port on that and that will be the console (after I remove the KDF11bj??
  17. P

Ok, that's very helpful, I was very confused about that. I just had another thought - I have a M8192 CPU I bought a number of years ago, I honestly can't remember now why, but the fact that if I choose an 11/73 CPU in Simh, my kernel build works correctly - I'm now wondering - can I replace...
  18. P

The floating point stuff is confusing me - from what I've read, there's two floating point options for this CPU, and the F11 that Hunta mentions I believe is optional, and I believe I don't have it (although it could be in Simh it is enabled - and if so, this may mean that the floating point...
  19. P

That would be awesome and very much appreciated. I uploaded the images, log and instructions to github... here's the link https://github.com/peclark1/ULTRIX31 I'll upload the zuluscsi.ini file in just a bit, have to grab it off the card. Thanks!
  20. P

I'll take the win :-) One down... About the KW11-P, I wasn't familiar with this, and I believe you are correct, which begs the question about why the sysgen script is building it into the kernel.. I can't find anything in the documentation, but perhaps it is either always included, or used...
Back