• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Working ORIC 1s for sale. JUST the computer. New regulators.

Hi everyone. I have 2 ORIC 1s' and want to sell 1 of them or maybe 2. They are both working. I replaced the Regulator in both and they are good. Good physical condition. Anyone interested, I can provide pics or do a video showing them working. PM me and name a price.... I AM IN THE UK. Thanks...
  2. M

2 x Intellivision Intellivoice Modules. and 4 ZX Microdrives for sale!!

Hi all. I have 2 Intellivoice modules for sale (the ones with the volume control on the front.) They are both in excellent condition. One was in a box but the box was disintegrating so I threw it. It's still in the bubble wrap though. The ZX Microdrives I've had plugged in to a working ZX...
  3. M

Atari 2600 - no carts- how to test?

Hi guys. I'm not sure if I should be posting this here as its about an Atari2600 but as its not an actual computer I thought it would be OK. I've got a filthy looking Wooden front "Light sixer" Atari 2600. It can be cleaned up quite nicely. I've no cartridges to test it though (BOO HOO). When I...
  4. M

Oric 1 computers. Appear to work but no RF display....???

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a couple of ORIC 1 computers I have. I have replaced the 7905 regulators in them after seeing that the originals were destroyed and they now seem to come to life. I hear key click sounds and when I enter the ZAP or PING basic...
  5. M

ZX Spectrum strange behaviour and warm ULA...

Hi everyone. I'm testing out the ZX Speccys I got in a haul ( see other videos) and this one was originally showing just a screen with a white border and a blocky screen with colours. Now it sometimes does what it does in the video. Also I noticed after unplugging that the ULA is warm. Can...
  6. M

Test vid of ZX Spectrum, Multiface128 and Discovery Disk Drive

I have also made another video testing some of the gear. In this case one of the Speccys, a Multiface 128 and an Opus Discovery disk drive!! :D Here it is: Enjoy. I am!!! :happy4:
  7. M

ZX Spectrum and Oric House clearance haul and a test video!!! :)

Hi everyone. I've finally got some videos published to youtube. The first is a reveal of what I found in the house clearance (I've got another post here explaining.) Here it is:
  8. M

For sale UK: ZX Spectrum Multiface 1, Microdrives, few other bits.. Quick sale??

Hi folks. Need to sell some bits quickly as I'm broke. Just a few bits here if anyone can give me a reasonable price for any of this gear I'd be happy. UK only . 1x ZX Spectrum multiface one. 1x Sinclair ZX81 16K Ram pack. 1x Sinclair Multiface one. Mcoder tape for ZX81 16K. I also have for...
  9. M

Nice ZX Spectrum and Oric House Clearance haul!!!

Hi everyone. Something exciting happened to me last week. I was walking past a house where a house clearance was going on near where I live in South London and noticed an old Atari 2600 on the back of the lorry. I asked the two nice guys who were doing the clearance if I could take it. They...
  10. M

Unilab interface for the BBC B. A few questions..

Hi everyone. Happy New Year and all. I have a question regarding a Unilab Microcomputer interface originally designed for the BBC B range of computers which I have sitting doing nothing. It looks like this: http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/userdata/images/large/PRODPIC-4894.jpg Does anyone...
  11. M

ZX Spectrum edge conns/protoboard crossovers wanted (UK)

Hi guys. I have a LO-Profile keyboard ZX spectrum (48k) and want to do some hardware tinkering with serial ports and PIO chips. Does anyone know where I can buy edge conns or even edge conn/protoboard crossovers in the UK? Thanks, Steve.S
  12. M

V.35 female plug for old Digitronics paper tape punch.

Hi oldcomputerpeeps. I have a request. I am getting a 1974 digitronics paper tape punch working and am building a shield to fit on an Arduino mega board. The punch is fully solenoid operated and uses a male V.35 connector for its control cable. I was wondering if anyone might have any spare V.35...
  13. M

IOMEC paper tape punch being operated with an Arduino.

HI folks!! Continuing on with the haul of paper tape machines I got from a very kind soul, I've got a 1974 model of an IOMEC punch only device working with Arduino. It operates entirely using solenoids so I've reverse engineered it and connected up the punch and transport solenoids to a bunch of...
  14. M

FER204 tape reader interfacing.

Hi everyone and happy Easter holidays. I'm still working on some paper tape readers that were salvaged from a closing down electronics company. Got loads of really great help from some lovely guys on this here forum and thanks again!! The Sally army is also £5 richer. Theres a thread further...
  15. M

Paper tape readers x 2. PLease help.

Punching and reading..in order but offset?? Punching and reading..in order but offset?? OK, All back together. I've just tried a punch/read test using Realterm. The settings are in the 1st image.Looks like its punching in some kind of order but not the correct characters.. I sent the...
  16. M

Update. I've got the reader reading. Reading didn't work connecting rts/cts so I tried using this pinout: Seems to work. Or the step button now steps through a piece of tape 1 character at a time and RDR on streams the tape through at a nice speed. I managed to get Realterm to print out the...
  17. M

Hi Dave. OK, thanks for the info. Ok so you're saying RTS from the computer to the machine or vice versa? Also, the same with DTR to DSR and DCD.. Computer -> Machine or Machine -> Computer? I've managed to get it punching using just the GND and Rx->Tx and Tx -> Rx. I'm using YAT terminal and...
  18. M

paper tape reverse engineering-data socket paper tape reverse engineering-data socket Now I've just spent a couple of hours reverse engineering the data socket to see where the connections go.. The machine uses mc1488 and mc1489 line drivers for the data in/out and an INS8250 UART. I've done a...
  19. M

OK Here's a picture of the board. Its labelled "Filter board" on the other side. The burned out L1 (which I think was an inductor- worked it out. inductor 10uH....) is shown as well. I've now worked out the squealing was coming from not having the same value as all the other inductors on the...
  20. M

Hi Woodchips. OK, ive taken a picture of the two sockets. One PL1 is the mains and the other the data connector which looks like there is a split between reader and punch terminals..?? mebbe??. What I've done since the blow out is found a 240V AC primary transformer that gives out 15V AC with...
Back