• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

New England FS: Multiple custom retro-hardware components from a unique collection

Update to ad: we're going to be moving sooner than we thought so all items in my ad should be priced as: "make an offer, even if it differs considerably from what I suggested, and I will consider it." Thanks.
  2. M

New England FS: Multiple custom retro-hardware components from a unique collection

I don't have any experience with alien tapes at 6250 GCR on my drives. However, mine read and write their own tapes just fine at 1600 PE which is what I use. Both of my drives begin to apply too much tension to the tape as they get towards the end of a 2400' reel, so I don't go past 60% or 70%...
  3. M

We will be downsizing and moving in the future, and sadly, most of these items will not be going with us. One unique server enclosure/rack: A non-operational IBM 5225 printer converted to be an enclosed, horizontal server rack with fans, air filter, battery backup, one AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  4. M

IBM 3278 Model 2 For Sale

I have an IBM 3278 Model 2 terminal for sale. A tag on the power cable shows 1982 as the date. It does NOT have a keyboard. It is missing the front access panel. It has been tested to power on only and appears to be stable. There is no smoke or smell. I have no idea if it works beyond...
  5. M

IBM 3179 Model 000

I'm looking at an IBM 3179 (apparently coax) terminal for sale, and the IBM-printed tag on the logic unit says: I.D. NO 3179 D2617 PART NO 5954160 DATE 10/85 MOD 000 PLT 88 Model 000? I'm not aware of this one. I know of models 1 (-100), 2 (-200), and the G series. Does anyone know anything...
  6. M

Alternate keyboard for IBM 3278 terminal?

Has anyone ever tried building a converter/adapter to allow a 122-key model M keyboard to be attached to a keyboardless IBM 3278 terminal? I can't find the specifications (electrical/timing/protocol) for a 3278 keyboard anywhere, so I don't know if this is even practical. It might be easier...
  7. M

IBM 3278 Keyboard Needed

I have an apparently working IBM 3278 mod 2 terminal that has no keyboard. I need a working keyboard. If anyone still has one that hasn't been sold to the keyboard modders and want to sell it then please let me know your asking price. I live in the Seattle area. If you live anywhere in...
  8. M

Mystery IBM CE Panel

Hey, Can anyone identify the panel in this eBay listing? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Computer-Kit-1970s-No-Name-light-up-like-a-xmas-tree/113008133856?hash=item1a4fcf46e0:g:qNsAAOSwiMRbBEP3 It is obviously an IBM CE panel, from the 360 or 370 era, but I can't determine which device it is...
  9. M

IBM 3151 Serial Terminal

It's alive!!! The null modem cable did the trick. Thanks, gslick! Here are some pictures of its first communications, on the terminal and on the host. They show a string sent to the terminal from the host and vice-versa. The comm utility being used on the Win 10 host is CoolTerm. Thanks...
  10. M

IBM 3151 Serial Terminal

Hey folks, I got an IBM 3151 serial terminal, model 31 or 41 (not sure), amber screen, off of eBay. It powers up just fine, does its POST successfully, displays a normal screen, and the keyboard works fine. It has ONE comm port - a standard DB25 port with no labeling. Initially, I couldn't...
  11. M

Dec wt78

I've acquired a WT78, RX02 dual drive, a DECPrinter III, and its mobile cart/rack. Attached is a stock photo of a WT78 system unit. It's all been in storage for about 20 years, I estimate. There's some corrosion and rust here and there on the peripherals and mobile cart/rack, so the storage...
  12. M

WTB or Trade for: DEC RP06P Disk Pack

I want to buy or trade for a DEC RP06P (200MB) disk pack that is visually and mechanically in good condition. It should still be able to be mounted on a spindle and spun at rated speed; however, any prior head crash damage does not matter to me as the pack will not have R/W heads loaded to it...
  13. M

Disk Drive Spindle Identification

Hello, I have an issue that I'm hoping that someone here can help me resolve. I have acquired an old disk drive spindle for a project that I am working on. The seller of this spindle was once a disk drive parts supplier, and he said that this spindle is for "200/300MB packs" which are...
  14. M

HDD Linear Voice Coil Assembly

Hey, Does anyone have a early, non-functioning HDD with a linear voice coil (VC) assembly, like the one in the old Seagate ST-4026 drive? Here's a YouTube video of the unit, showing the VC assembly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSAP8OjpwgY I'm not looking for a radial type VC, only a...
  15. M

Looking for a HDD Linear Voice Coil Assembly

** Edit: I've re-submitted this post to the right area. Sorry for the error. Hey, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. Does anyone have a early, non-functioning HDD with a linear voice coil (VC) assembly, like the one in the old Seagate ST-4026 drive? Here's a YouTube video of...
  16. M

Adaptec ACB-5580 SCSI to SMD Controller

Hello, I'm looking for an Adaptec ACB-5580 SCSI to SMD Controller board. It is from the mid 1980s timeframe, I believe. It was unique in that if you have SCSI-1 you can attach an SMD drive, such as a CDC 9762 disk-pack type drive and many others. SCSI still lives with Linux, and I have a...
Back