• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Cleaning an oily motherboard

I have received a computer MB that was, according to the previous owner, treated with a "rust inhibitor". It looks like and feels like oil. It's coated in it. What is the best solution to wash it off? I'm usually a q-tip and IPA type, but this is way beyond that... I would really like to save it...
  2. P

When your like-new Tandy 1100FD dies...

Just need to get this off my chest, as I'm pretty pissed at myself right now... I had basically a new 1100FD, however as usual it had a dead floppy drive. I ordered a new belt, and just received it today. Had everything out on the bench. Taking the laptop apart, quite a PITA, but doable. Got...
  3. P

Minimum system for Ultima Underworld I

As the title suggests, what's a minimum system capable of playing the Ultima Underworld 1? Can I get away with 386SX and 16-bit VGA, or is it 386DX/486-level game?
  4. P

Upgrading HD and FD on IBM P70

I just got my hands on a P70-121. HD still works, while the floppy is dead, as usual. I would really like to upgrade it with modern components but preserve the look - so Gotek and CF for HD. Since this is an ESDI HD, based on what I've read, my only option is to find a SCSI MCA card, and figure...
  5. P

Replacement PS / Fan for TL/2

Looking to quiet down my new TL/2. Are there any popular, quiet drop-ins for the PS? Alternatively, any Noctua fans that fit? Thanks!
  6. P

Best Tandy 1000 model for Tandy Graphics and Sound

I'm really interested in playing more with the Tandy graphics and sound. I had a 1000HX before, but the all-in-one and keyboard layout drove me nuts. What is considered to be the best model for that era? I'm looking at TL/2 or TL/3, as they have a bit more power with 80286 and the 640x200x16...
Back