• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

MT32 Cm64L Issues with World of Xeen

I have been trying to diagnose a freezing issue with World of Xeen on my 386 with a 486slxc2 cpu. I am using an Ess Audiodrive card, a PC Midi card, a Roland Mt32 and CM64l. I will also mention that the cd rom is ran through the header on the ESS. The game only freezes when using the MT32 or...
  2. F

Looking for Compaq All in One 5528

I'm looking for the Presario all in one model 5528. I will pay shipping as well.
  3. F

Tandy RSX/33 Fabrication

Here are some pics of my latest project. I combined the motherboard from a SX/33 and the case from a RL and made my own RSX/33. I cut the back panel off the SX/33 along with the standoffs and welded them into the RL case. I also needed to cut down the ISA riser card to clear the case. This is...
  4. F

Cutting down ISA Riser Card

I am working on a custom pc. I have height limitations and I need to cut down an ISA riser card from 3 slots to 2. Is this as simple as cutting off the extra slot or do I need to solder connections?
  5. F

My Tandy 1000 RSX/33/50

Here are the Topbench results
  6. F

My Tandy 1000 RSX/33/50

Recently I purchased a 486sxlc2 50mhz cpu and had it installed into a Tandy SX/33 mb. I installed the mb into a RSX case because I like the compact size. It works perfectly but I am afraid to try doubling. Norton shows its running at 51mhz as it is, so I imagine it would be like a 386/50?
  7. F

EZ Drive Setup on a 286

I'm trying to setup the EZ drive bios on a 286 to use a cf hdd. Ez drive won't boot from the floppy drive even though I made the boot disk on that computer. It boots fine in my other computers. If I attempt to run EZ.exe from a dos prompt it freezes when attempting to analyze my hardware. Also...
  8. F

Tandy 1000 RSX w/2500 SX 33 Motherboard

I'm considering swapping a my RSX MB for a 2500 SX33 model. Is it possible to add a mic input to the 2500 MB? Everything else looks like it would bolt right in.
  9. F

Questions about Make it 486 on a 386sx

I bought a Make it 486 for my 386sx. Is it plug and play or do I need to do something additional?
  10. F

Looking for a 21" CRT Will Pay for Shipping

I'm looking for a 21" CRT preferrably a MAG, Viewsonic, Sony, Mitsubishi, Goldstar, etc. I'm located in Wisconsin and I will pay for shipping. PM me.
  11. F

486 On-board Video Faster than a Diamond Speedstar Card?

I just ran all of Phil's benchmarks and the onboard video beat the Speedstar in every category. Is this correct? It is a Tandy 3100 Model 10 486sx upgraded with an Evergreen 5x86 133mhz upgrade chip.
  12. F

IBM PS/2 50Z Issues with Reference Disk

You'll really like the battery in it!
  13. F

IBM PS/2 50Z Issues with Reference Disk

I am getting a 163 and 165 code on my 50Z. I downloaded the reference disk and I am getting this screen after booting up:
  14. F

WTB External Floppy Drive Working or Not

I am looking for an external floppy drive to mod for my compact flash hdd, working or not. Preferably a 3 1/2 but a 5 1/4 will work as well.
  15. F

Padding the Bios on a TL/3 w/xt-ide

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to "pad" the bios to use cc00h for the XT-IDE? I want to install a 2mb memory card that conflicts with the original Xt-ide bios address.
  16. F

Strange problem w/ ESS Audiodrive and Mt-32

I have been trying to get Might and Magic 3 to output Mt32 sound. It was working fine until today when I noticed the game turns down the various volume settings (verified by running esscfg). Sound blaster mode works fine. After attempting MT-32 sound, everything is muted. The Mt32 displays that...
  17. F

Using a Joystick with a MT-32

I recently installed a midi card and ESS Audiodrive into my 386sx. When I attempt to use the joystick port, the games fail to load. Is there a way to use a joystick or gamepad with my two sound cards? I don't have any ISA slots available after installing the two soundcards.
  18. F

SC88 PRO vs Dreamblaster S2

Is there any real advantages to buying a midi card and a SC88 PRO vs a Dreamblaster S2? I am loving the MT32 setup in my 386sx and I am considering buying another midi card and a SC88 Pro.
  19. F

Need to turn on 486 twice to boot?

Since installing a 586 Evergreen upgrade chip and a Dreamblaster I need to start the 486 twice to boot. Is this a power supply issue? It only happens after allowing it to sit overnight. First try the power led illuminates but will not boot or display anything, second try everything starts as it...
  20. F

Roland Super JV-1080 for a PC?

Would a Roland Super JV-1080 work in place of a MT-32? I just found one on ebay and thought it looked pretty cool.
Back