• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Working on some parts for the 1000 EX / HX

Been playing around with 3D modeling / printing and have a few designs I'm going to put up. I have a replacement cover for the HX, and some drive adaptors for the EX / HX I'm also making an EX cover, but as I don't currently have an EX, if there is anyone out there with the means to print the...
  2. G

Recapping a 1000SX & PSU / Speaker Interference

Hey guys. Hoping to pick your brains real fast. I've started trying to restore a junk SX I've had kicking around (see my sig for all the missing parts) and I thought I'd gotten it back up and running. However I've run into an issue where after the machine has been up for an extended period, I...
  3. G

1000 HX Restore / Upgrade complete

I just finished (maybe..) upgrading and restoring an HX I came across that was in pretty poor shape. It was absolutely filthy and the UV damage to the keyboard was some of the worst I've seen. Anyway, after about of month of working on it on and off, and waiting on parts from China. Here she...
  4. G

Tandy EX boot disks

Silly question. I made the Tandy EX ms-dos disk from an image on tvdog’s site with freedos’ diskcopy command. Unfortunately it doesn’t want to boot. Is there a better dos app for doing this or maybe something is up with the image file? Anyone run into this? Thanks
  5. G

Shutting up SX speaker interference /w 286xpres card

Posting this incase it helps anyone out there with a similar setup as my own So I was installing a HardMPU in my SX today and while I had the box open I did a couple of tweaks. I stuck some heatsinks on my 286xpress, 8088, and math coprocessors. More importantly i think, I put a couple of...
  6. G

Shinobi Disk with no executable?

I got a Sega Shinobi disk off eBay and it has no bloody executable on it! It has 3 files on it, two of which i assume are compressed since this is a 5.25 DD disk and a copy I downloaded has a total filesize of about 600k SHINO1.TZF SHINO2.TZF DI6.QPZ The MS-DOS label is "SEGA HITS", but the...
  7. G

Anyone have a CM-11 service manual or capacitor list?

I have a couple of CM-11's that are having issues and am looking to recap them. If anyone has been down this road before or has info, please let me know. thanks!
  8. G

WTB Tandy 1000TX Mobo

Bought a TX on eBay and the seller shipped it with zero packing material. When i received it the hardcard was diagonal... It actually ripped the ISA slot right off the board. In the end the seller didnt bother having me ship it back, and I managed to get the case bent back into shape, but that...
  9. G

Video issues on model 4P

So I recently picked up my first real TRS-80. I went with a 4p because my wife is already at her wits end with my retro gear collecting addiction. I figured the 4p would be small enough to not raise too many flags. And its also easy to put away. Anyway, on first boot I was immediate greeted...
  10. G

WTB Tandy 1000SX metal expansion slot support bar

Hoping somebody has a junker laying around with this part. Msg me total cost with shipping to Texas. My monitor keeps leaning to one side :/ Thanks
  11. G

KVM Switches

So I’ve been hoping to pick up a KVM switch for my Tandy 1000s. They are a mixed bunch, some with the big DIN connector, and some with the PS2 port. Ideally I want a single box that can handle at least four machines as well as the keyboard and mouse. I’m fine having two mice going (serial and...
Back