• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Sometimes I love exploding capacitors

Capacitor? You'll call that a capacitor? This is a capacitor: That's a 4uF 40 kV test frankencap one of several I have for tesla coil experiments.
  2. K

Question about 3270 Coax Protocols

You can think of the IBM coax protocol as a layer 1/2 transport using a bi-phase protocol and . In 1987 Capstone Technology did an ISA development board for National Semiconductor's then new DP8344 BCP (biphase communications processor). Here is one of their boards with a Engineering Sample of...
  3. K

IBM 3191 terminal repair

I thought I might share my efforts at establishing 3270 terminal communications with a Hercules emulated IBM 370 mainframe OS using real hardware. I started with the repair and rebuild of a IBM 3191 coax connected terminal aka 'green screen' that left the IBM factory in 1988. I somewhat...
  4. K

Hello from New Zealand

Hi there and greetings from New Zealand! Bit of collector with various PS/2 machines, a PDP-11 or two, a VAX, and some IBM mainframe terminal hardware. First started learning about small computers at my first job on PDP-11/20 in the late seventies graduated to VAX and IBM mainframe. Started...
Back