• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Driving instructions.

Hi I have a POSTcard version 2 for an XT or AT IBM. It uses AWARD software and dated 1988. I know that it is a long shot but does anyone have the driving instruction for this card. It has 2 blocks of ten switches so its almost impossible to work out all the test options that its capable of. In...
  2. S

Apple monitor

Hi I've just been given a Sanyo DM8112CX video monitor. Unfortunately it is dead. The on light comes on but there is no raster Does any one have a circuit diagram for this model that they could download. Keeping my fingers crossed Regards Scommstech
  3. S

Ibm xt

HI I posted this a few years ago so thought I'd try again. I have a POSTcard rev 1.3 that runs diagnostics on the IBM XT and possibly AT as well and I am tryng to find some driving instructions for it. It was made by Award Software INC. It has two 10 pin dip switches plus lots of leds, and...
  4. S

Early IBM color monitor

Hi I'm trying to track down a schematic for, a TVM MD-7D EDP Equipment. Color monitor. I can't even find out who made it. Can anybody throw some light on this monitor. It dates back to the eighties. Regards
  5. S

How to use the PM system.

Hi I want to send a picture from "My Pictures" on my PC to a forum member using the PM system. I cant get it to work. Can somebody explain step by step . Regards.
  6. S

PR6 Command

Hi Just a quicky. I have an Apple IIE clone that seems ok. However I can't get the PR6 to do anything. The drives boot ok from power up and CTL/Reset. Catalog works as does the run command but nothing from PR6 or either in6. Is PR6 an Apple II disk only command. Regards
  7. S

Circuit diagram TVM MD-7D

The MD-7D is a multimode EGA monitor made by TVM. Approx 1985. Does anyone know where I can get the circuit diagram from. It may be under a different name. Somebody told me once that it was the same as ******but I forgot the name. Any idears, Thanks.
  8. S

Monitor schematic

Not too sure if this is the right place for this request. I'm looking for the schematic for a 1980's BMC composite green screen 14" monitor. The model is BM12ES. If any body knows where I might get info on this monitor I'd appreciate it. Regards Harry.
  9. S

8088 motherboards

Anybody got any faulty 8088 motherboards that they are considering junking. If so I may be interested in buying them. Repaired a few, now its become a hobby. I'm in the UK so if they are from the states the postage would be the deciding factor. If interested get in touch. Regards Scommstech
  10. S

Clone motherboard jumper settings

Hi Does anybody know of a site that has 8088 clone motherboard jumper settings. I have a few clone motherboards of various manufacturer and would like to be sure of the jumpers. Regards Scommstech
  11. S

8088 assembly programming

HI Can anybody throw some light on this 8088 programming problem I’m assembling some code to write the pattern AA into memory location 0 to 16 and then read it back. The code will be in an EPROM in the BIOS slot. This is a diagnostic program to run on power up instead of the BIOS. I thought...
  12. S

CGA/EGA Card settings.

Hi There used to be a website that had diagrams and switch settings for various manufacturer's CGA/EGA ISA cards. Does anybody know where it is. I used to have it in my favorites but have now lost it. Regarse Scommstech.
  13. S

8086 machine code

Hi Does anybody know a site that has 8086 machine code info. I’m trying to machine code an Eprom and have lost my training notes. I need to make a jump back 53d bytes. If I remember right you add one to the jump from location, count the bytes back to the jump to location, convert to hex...
  14. S

TVM MD-7D color monitor circuit diagram.

Hi I'm trying to get hold of the circuit diagram for a (Tatung) TVM MD 7D color monitor. Its got PWD 1141 and W10-TT-2-94V-0 on the main board. If any body can help please get in touch. Regards Scommstech
  15. S

8088 Ram Test

HI Does any body have a 2764 ROM for sale with just a simple ram write and read test for the 0 bank on a 64k XT clone. I want to uses it to replace the BIOS ROM so that the board will enter a ram test on boot. I’ve got a board that fails on ram and I need to have a continuous test running to...
  16. S

8088 Ram Test

HI Does any body have a 2764 ROM for sale with just a simple ram write and read test for the 0 bank on a 64k XT clone. I want to uses it to replace the BIOS ROM so that the board will enter a ram test on boot. Ive got a board that fails on ram and I need to have a continious test running to...
  17. S

8088 startup sequence

Hi Need to pick somebodys brains on what conditions an 8088D needs for it to start up. I have a faulty XT clone motherboard. Its a standard non turbo board. clock Xtl 14.38Mh The All chips are soldered in apart from the 8088D (no 8087). the board is dead. All voltages are ok and the clock is...
  18. S

Dram refresh

Hi I'm trying to check out an old XT motherboard and have hit a problem. Does anybody understand the memory refresh process that IBM's XTs used. The board uses the 4164 DRAM therfore there are 64000 memory cells per chip. The XT uses RAS/CAS and 16 bit addressing. I would expect RAS to use 8...
  19. S

TIP16L8acn

Hi Ive got a programmed TIP16L8ACN. Does anybody know of an easy way to work out the programmed logic. It looks to have 10 dedicated i/ps, 2 dedicated o/ps and 6 don't care. Not sure where to start so if any body has found a way using simple tools I'd sure like to hear. Regards Harry w
  20. S

TVM MD7D Monitor

Hi Does anybody know where I can get the service manual or circuit diagram from for this colour monitor. Ive tried on the Internet but have drawn a blank. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Harry W
Back