• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Default Found a rare Novell Data Systems "Nexus I" computer. Need help with diagnosis

Default Found a rare Novell Data Systems "Nexus I" computer. Need help with diagnosis Hey guys. Just found this beast today! I picked it up from a former Novell employee about 10 miles away from the original headquarters in Orem, UT. I believe it is quite rare, and found extremely little...
  2. R

Found a rare Novell Data Systems "Nexus I" computer. Need help with diagnosis.

Found a rare Novell Data Systems "Nexus I" computer. Need help with diagnosis. Hey guys. Just found this beast today! I picked it up from a former Novell employee about 10 miles away from the original headquarters in Orem, UT. I believe it is quite rare, and found extremely little...
  3. R

If you have a 3D printer, heres a 5.25" full height to 3.5" floppy adapter I designed

If you have a 3D printer, heres a 5.25" full height to 3.5" floppy adapter I designed I'd love feedback on this! I was surprised I couldn't find one online, so I modeled this up last night and tossed it on Thingiverse. I haven't printed one just yet, but it should work fine. I plan on using...
  4. R

Osborne 1 + Gotek Floppy Emulator SUCCESS!

For the past couple of months I have been fighting my Osborne trying to get it to boot from real floppies. Lots of troubleshooting and spare parts later, I found that all 4 of my floppy drives are bad! Yesterday I successfully adapted the non-standard shugart interface to a Gotek Floppy...
  5. R

Osborne 1 booting woes

Hi guys! I just picked up a Osborne 1. White plastic shell version (later model?) ROM 1.43. It has the double density upgrade. After replacing PSU capacitors, it powers on fine. However, I cant get it to boot from either floppy drive. The drives just spin, and it slowly loops "BOOT ERROR"...
  6. R

Serial disk image transfer

Now that my TRS-80 4p is in working condition, I'd like to get some disks made. I have successfully serial booted it and run a single program over RS232. The Apple II has a great program called "ADT" (Apple Disk Transfer) that allows you to transfer disk images over serial from a windows box to...
  7. R

TRS-80 4P Video issues

Hi all, I recently acquired a tired non-gate array TRS-80 4p that I have been trying to get to working condition. So far I've needed to replace 2 capacitors on the PSU that exploded when I powered it up the first time. After that, I struggled with the floppy drives not working, but found the...
  8. R

What is this daystar accelerator??

I recently picked up a IIci for $10 at a thrift store. Opened it up and found this 66mhz Daystar accelerator card inside. The closest thing I can find is the "Daystar Turbo 601". However pictures i have found of that card look a bit different than what I have. What do I have here guys? And...
  9. R

Apple "Hand Controllers II" on eBay. Seeking more info on odd part #

Guys, I recently listed this item on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330587886182 I'm not really here to plug the item, but seek more info. The part # marked on the box and the manual is A2M0054. However all Google search efforts say they should be A2M2001. A2M0054...
  10. R

Zenith ZWL-183-93

Just picked up this for $3 at a thrift shop: I rigged a PSU up to it, and it does power on and post, but not completely. It immediately says +++ ERROR: ROM checksum failure! +++ and the speaker continuously squeals. No beeps, just continuous tone. I have reseated all the ROM chips, and...
  11. R

Model 5150 16KB-64KB Motherboard, with BIOS DATE 10/19/81

Im selling the system as a whole now... Check it out here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330153120198
  12. R

Unable to use MFM drive in a 5150??

I have a Model 5150 Im trying to turn into a web server. The server works running off a floppy, but would like to run off a HD before DIGG'ing it. As soon as I try to format a drive in the WD format utility (debug c=g800:5), I get "Error---completion code 01", and it quits to DOS I have tried...
  13. R

MFM Drive wanted for project!

I recently picked up an IBM model 5150, that I would like to turn into a 8088 webserver. I already have the software set up, and have successfully hosted a page off a 360k floppy! Before I make this live however, I want to run it off a small MFM drive instead, so its not constantly wearing...
Back