• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. U

Pushing the performance limits of a Compaq Portable 386

Hi Guys, I need some advice on the next step in my project of pushing the limits of my Compaq Portable 386. This is my first attempt at maxing out a 386 computer - so I'm not entirely sure where the bottleneck lies. Currently, I have: - Upgraded the CPU to a TI 486 SXL - 40 (enabled clock...
  2. U

Looking for 8mb (or more!) 16bit ISA Ram Card

Hi there! Looking for a 16-bit ISA Ram expansion card for ibm/pc, preferably with 8mb or more memory. Will offer fair prices.
  3. U

Everex RAM 8000 (EV-178) - ISA ram upgrade card - Help please!

Hi There - I just got my hands on a NOS Everex RAM 8000 EV-178 ISA ram expansion board (it's in great condition, I'm guessing it's never been used at all) and I have a few questions (please bear with me as I'm new to the technical side of vintage computing) I bought this with the hope that I...
  4. U

WTB: Compaq Portable 486c

Looking for this ultra rare computer - Color LCD screen Compaq portable / luggable 486. Let me know if you have one. Thanks!
  5. U

WTB: Compaq Portable 386 RAM board, Ram / Modem interface board & other parts

Hi - looking to buy a 32-bit Compaq portable 386 (looks like a compaq portable III but is a 386) modem /memory interface board (connects the system board to the ram board) the ram board itself, and any other parts you might have - let me know if you are interested. Will pay top dollar :)
  6. U

WTB: Cyrix Cx486DRx

Cyrix Cx486DRx - Title says it all - trying to upgrade a compaq portable 386 and looks like I need this particular Cryix upgrade to get it done - willing to pay top dollar. Let me know if you have one and willing to sell, thanks!
  7. U

Restoring Compaq Portable 386

Hello! Just want to say that this forum has been a godsend on my journey restoring my Compaq Portable 386. You guys rock! I'm about mid way through restoring a Compaq 386 (technically is a 286 Compaq Portable III, but with a 386 board I got off ebay). Got a bunch of different spare parts and...
Back