• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Editing posts after a while

As per title, I am wondering if you can edit some of your old posts because they become 'locked' after a while. I would like to do so for legitimate reasons, such as to delete outdated or unnecessary attachments, update picture links, make corrections, etc.
  2. S

Trident card that thinks Colour Monitor is Monochrome

I am doing this thread in case someone Googles the above problem, where I have found workarounds. Back in October 1994, we had our first 486 PC, with a Trident 9000i, and a 14” colour monitor that has all analogue control knobs (I am sure some of you will remember them). In October 1997, the...
  3. S

Glitch Works XT-IDE rev 04 card A17 / 0xF0000 ROM Mod

I built this card in 2019, so that I could use IDE devices with my IBM 5155, fitted with both a CGA and MDA card. I also performed the 256K upper memory mod. For this mod, only full 64K blocks can be selected, which are 0xA0000-0xAFFFF, 0xC0000-0xCFFFF, 0xD0000-0xDFFFF and 0xE0000-0xEFFFF, in...
  4. S

My IBM Portable Computer 5155

I am still new to this forum, in fact this is only my third post after I had problems with my Real Time Clock, so it is about time that I started interacting a bit more. In Summer 2019, I got one of IBM's original PCs that set a trend in the computing industry, many of you will be on a modern...
  5. S

Hello

Hello Everyone, I have just registered on this forum, but came across it many times on Google, etc. I had my first 486 PC in 1994, then it was a Pentium in 1998, Duron in 2000, etc. As well as my modern Xeon E5 v2, I also enjoy past PCs. I made patches for DOSBox, especially to customize the...
Back