• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. SteveHere

Seeking advice using gotek in a Compact Portable II

I think there are different jumper settings for a GoTek (with Flash-Floppy) for a PC vs. an Amiga, but I don't recall specifics, so you might have to look that up or maybe someone else on the forum can comment on the different drive signals that a PC expects compared with an Amiga. If I...
  2. SteveHere

SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel

I think doing full color for the dress panel is a great idea. Let us know if you decide to go down that route.
  3. SteveHere

3D printed model 3 gotek brackets?

Wish I would have seen this yesterday. I just ordered a Kaypro Keyboard cable from you @VERAULT on fleabay as a finishing touch on my Kaypro II... Anyway, this floppy adapter is based on this design... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2217061 Someone else on the forums here has done an...
  4. SteveHere

I completed my build of the SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel. I'm quite happy with how it turned out, certainly a much more visually interesting system with the Blinkenlights and Switches... I had a couple of notes from my build, first because I wasn't familiar with the machine, it took me a bit of...
  5. SteveHere

Kaypro II CRT adjustment help

You bet, here's some pictures, first, the analog board with my cap list... My handwriting is not great, so in case any one else is going to recap a Toshiba 23879862 TLC-134-T-V-O Analog Board here's a list of the Electrolytics on the board... C423 = 47uF 16V C412 = 100uF 16V C403 = 2.2uF 50V...
  6. SteveHere

Kaypro II CRT adjustment help

Thanks @tyhoeffer and VCFed community. I was able to bring back a non-functional Kaypro II based on this advice. Mine has a Toshiba branded CRT and Toshiba 23879862 TLC-134-T-V-O Analog Board. The CRT was showing signs of life (heater OK, High Voltage running), but I couldn't get any raster...
  7. SteveHere

A very belated hello

Hi Androda, good to see you on this forum, too. As you branch out from Macs you will find a ton of good troubleshooting help on here.
  8. SteveHere

Western Europe Various docs (CPT 9000, 212/AT, 212/BB, Diablo 1200, NCR, Zenith) : 5 euro's each

Thank you @jdressen for posting this software, and for commenting on my blog as well. I have downloaded the CPT 9000 software and I will test it. My machine is missing the portrait mode monitor so I'm not sure if the software will work but I will try and report back here.
  9. SteveHere

I got my parts on order today. I'm looking forward to doing this build. I think the AliExpress seller "fixed the glitch" that allowed you to change the quantity in the cart. I had to do two separate transactions in order to get enough switches on order.
  10. SteveHere

Thanks for sharing this looks great! I am interested in building one of these after you have a design you are happy with releasing. Thanks for giving thought to the switch cost and feel, even if we only toggle in a couple of programs it was the primary input to the machine so having it feel...
  11. SteveHere

Refreshed Collection Videos from long ago

@tezza thank you for your videos, I enjoyed watching many of them, I completely agree with @VERAULT it's all about the content. I started getting into Retro Computing some years after you, but your videos have been helpful and your website too.
  12. SteveHere

VCF Midwest - who's going?

It was also my second time attending and my first time exhibiting. The idea of a guestbook is really cool. For my exhibit we configured the machines to browse the Internet through theoldnet.com proxy to 1996. RetroTech Chris made a YouTube short of my exhibit here...
  13. SteveHere

Macintosh Portable Hard Drive

These adapters can be purchased now for those who don't have the time or know how to solder... https://androda.work/product/macintosh-portable-adapter-for-bluescsi-v2/
  14. SteveHere

VCF Midwest - who's going?

I'll be going to VCF Midwest this year, driving down with an exhibit and a bunch of stuff for the Free Pile.
  15. SteveHere

doing the IBM logo with extended ascii?

Not sure about the original zip file, but Adrian Black has this on his GitHub... https://github.com/misterblack1/ansilogos
  16. SteveHere

Midwest WTB VT-100 Flyback Transformer

After a long wait with a saved search running on eBay I was able to find a VT100 Flyback transformer that worked (New Old Stock). This terminal is now back in good working order again, and my search for this part has ended.
  17. SteveHere

WinNT 3.1 - 4.0 software for ALPHA / MIPS / PPC architectures

For Alpha machines there was an excellent FTP site called ftp.alphant.com This forum post contains a link to a copy of the site… https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=38091 I’ve got a local mirror running on my home network and it’s been a lot of fun to try out different shareware.
  18. SteveHere

Midwest WTB- new restoration project

Do you ever make it down to Free Geek in Minneapolis? There are Retro Computers for sale there, including “Projects” that need work. These projects don’t normally make it up to the website although there’s an IBM 5150 there now that’s pretty tempting… https://www.freegeektwincities.org/retro
  19. SteveHere

Ray Carlsen selling excess inventory (fwd)

Heads up for others who noticed this thread. I was able to order a Power Supply from Michael Myers, he shipped it promptly and I’m happy with the transaction. In order to connect with him you need to go on Facebook, join the Group listed at the top and reach out to Michael that way.
Back