• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. SteveHere

Midwest WTB VT-100 Flyback Transformer

I have a VT-100 that needs a flyback transformer. It has these markings: WEAT 16-16463-00 but I think the DEC replacement part number per the manual is 70-17363-00 Flyback Assembly (Elston). This is from a VT-100-AA made in March 1982. Please PM me if you have this part that you'd be willing...
  2. SteveHere

Best Apple II Software For <64K Machines?

Hi All, I've recently acquired an Apple II Plus, it doesn't have a Language Card, so I'm at 48K RAM on this machine. I like having it configured this way (circa 1979-81) but this was before my time, so I'm wondering, what are some good games and other software to run on this limited machine...
  3. SteveHere

Apple II+ Repeating Keys - Not the Encoder Board

I’ve gotten my first Apple II Plus and blogged about it here. It appears to power up, but there’s a problem with the Keyboard. When the keyboard is attached, the speaker beeps rapidly, and whatever key was pressed last gets typed over and over again on the screen. I thought this was a problem...
  4. SteveHere

Dead Tandy 1000 RL - Troubleshooting Help Request

I've got a "New to Me" Tandy 1000 RL Hard Drive. It won't power up. I've rebuilt the power supply using the technique described in this video on YouTube, but still nothing comes up on the screen, and the power supply goes to 0 volts like there's a short on the motherboard. When I measure the...
  5. SteveHere

Troubleshooting Compaq Portable I

Hi All, I've been working on restoring an early Compaq Portable I from 1983. I've replaced the foam pads, serviced the floppy drives, upgraded the BIOS from Rev. B to Rev. C, installed a Lo-Tech XT to CF, as well as a through cleaning. I'm really enjoying the green screen and experiencing...
Back