• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest WTB VT-100 Flyback Transformer

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

SteveHere

I have a VT-100 that needs a flyback transformer. It has these markings: WEAT 16-16463-00 but I think the DEC replacement part number per the manual is 70-17363-00 Flyback Assembly (Elston). This is from a VT-100-AA made in March 1982. Please PM me if you have this part that you'd be willing to sell.

Are you sure its the flyback? There is so much bad information and finger pointing going around saying Flyback transformers fail all the time when its very far from the truth. The flyback is usually the last thing to go. You are more likely to have the trube itself develop shorts before the flyback.

Can you go into detail on your troubleshooting to determine it was the flyback that failed?

I have a friend with a VT100 that he borrowed to me. I used this machine to swap parts till I pinpointed the Flyback, so I’m pretty sure.

I see. Just to be clear you swapped over the analog board and tested from the spare VT100 or actually desoldered the flyback and installed it?

The flyback “assembly” Includes the HV lead and a connector that runs to the analog board and a choke. I swapped the flyback assembly into my machine and the screen comes back to life. I tested the continuity of the my “bad” choke and connector that checked out OK, so I think it’s the flyback itself.

I would try hitting up a TV repair forum , most likely they would have an interchange so you could find a comparable flyback, or one might have one sitting around. Far as I know most flybacks were pretty generic.

What brand tube is it? Clinton?

I would try hitting up a TV repair forum , most likely they would have an interchange so you could find a comparable flyback, or one might have one sitting around. Far as I know most flybacks were pretty generic.

What brand tube is it? Clinton?
Thank you for the advice. I'm not familiar with TV repair forums, do you have one you'd recommend? The tube is a Toshiba.

After a long wait with a saved search running on eBay I was able to find a VT100 Flyback transformer that worked (New Old Stock). This terminal is now back in good working order again, and my search for this part has ended.

👍
Just curious, is there still some available (which auction was it ?) and what did you pay for it ?

Back