• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

IBM PS/2 reference and starter diskettes

The following table contains links to the latest IBM PS/2 reference and starter diskettes. Note: tg0 files require Teleget. border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" align="left" |- ! style="background:#efefef;" | PS/2 model ! style="background:#efefef;" | Machine type ...
  2. A

Hard disk bad track 0, date of manufacture codes

I've been trying to fix four 30 MB ESDI hard disks for an IBM PS/2 Model 50Z (another one). The original disk was bad, and so I acquired three more (two were new old stock, and one was used). All of them come up with invalid media--bad track 0 errors when I try to format them. Some give me error...
  3. A

Program that freezes the clock on a PC?

How do you freeze the time/clock on a PC so that any file you write/save will always be the same date and time? I notice that when companies create installation files they all have the exact date and time. For example, the setup files for MS-DOS version 6.22 are all 05-31-94, 6:22:00 AM. There...
  4. A

SAVEDSKF.EXE: meaning of "1 sector leader"

When using IBM's SaveDskF program (SAVEDSKF.EXE) to save an image of a diskette, one of the options is /D "omits the 1 sector leader and inhibits data compression." What is the "1 sector leader"? The documentation also states this as omitting the "file header." The relevant options for the...
  5. A

No or little cost: IBM PS/2 Model 50/50Z parts and options

Giving away parts and options from an IBM PS/2 Model 50Z. Some of the parts include a malfunctioning system board and Acculogic SIMMply-RAM expansion board. The planar with Intel 80286 processor does not work; when connected to a power supply, the power supply does not turn on, even though the...
  6. A

New IBM PS/2 Model 25 PCs on eBay

I noticed a listing on eBay for a number of IBM PS/2 Model 25 PCs new in box: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180111491285. If the number available is true (445 at the time of this posting), I am very surprised so many were not sold 20 years ago and are still available new...
  7. A

Attemping to fix an IBM PS/2 Model 50Z

I have an IBM PS/2 Model 50Z (type 8550) with data I would like to retrieve. Unfortunately, the power supply appears to be dead. Since it would seem difficult to get another compatible power source, is there anyway I can revive the power supply or interface the hard drive to a modern PC? The...
  8. A

Free: Lotus Ami Pro 3.0/3.1 for Windows

Giving away Lotus Ami Pro release 3.0 on 5¼-inch diskettes and release 3.1 on 3½-inch diskettes. I picked this up free at a local vintage computer/excess inventory store in my area. The package is missing the original 3½-inch diskettes for release 3.0, but what appears to be copies of release...
Back