• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

NEC MultiSpeed PC-16-01 (XT) GoTEK

New to GoTEK. Can I put one in a NEC MultiSpeed PC-16-01 XT class laptop? It has two 720k floppies. Do I understand I need a specific GoTEK that emulates 720k floppies? Any recommendation? I'd love to put a Compact Flash Card in it but I don't think that is possible.
  2. F

Noisey Kaypro 2000 Plus power transformer

The power transformer for my old Kaypro 2000 Plus buzzes loudly when the transformer is place right side up as designed. But if I place it on it's side, it goes silent. Before I open it up, any ideas on what to check either visually or with a multimeter? Specs: CHARGER -- P/N 81-1190-1...
  3. F

WinWorld Safe? Need Kaypro 2000+ DOS 3.21

Has anyone ever used a site WinWorld? I need a copy of Kaypro MS-DOS 3.21 and they have it. (Actually, I need the Kaypro 2000 Plus MS-DOS 3.21 and I hope that is it.
  4. F

Kaypro 2000+ Hard Drive

I want to install a harddrive in my Kaypro 2000+ laptop. Still looking for Kaypro 2000+ DOS boot disk. Any guesses on what type and size harddrive to look for? I assume it gets installed in the B drive bay after I remove the second floppy.
  5. F

Repairing Kaypro 2000+ Keyboard; Cherry Key Switch Questions

I am restoring a Kaypro 2000+. (Anyone have OS software disk?) Anyway, about 12 of the keys do not work. The are Cherry key switches. They are black. They have a spring, copper contacts and a diode. Only other markings are an "A" on the lower left of the switch housing top; a "80" on the...
  6. F

Dallas RTC BIOS Trouble - Compaq SLT/286

Hoping you might have an idea here. I have an old Compaq SLT/286 I've used for years. I have not used it for year. The laptop battery would not charge and I would get a boot error code 162 that asked me to insert the Diagnostic disk. I could boot to the Diagnostic disk and set the CMOS...
Back