• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. O

Need recommendation for a broken floppy header replacement

Hi All, I need to replace a broken floppy drive header on a vintage Kaypro. I did some searching on Amazon and I can't find one that is exactly like it. I've seen some closed headers on Amazon, (in gray) Like these...
  2. O

Any Epson QX-16 owners out there??

Deltadon, So this is what I've found in the QX-10 technical manual on the CRT and the QX-16 manual on the CRT pinouts. So probably dumb questions but, 1. The 12 volts positive goes to pin 4, but based on how the pinout reads do I need to split the ground from power to pins 5 and 7? 2. Since...
  3. O

Any Epson QX-16 owners out there??

Hi All, So I recently acquired an Epson QX-16 and noticed the extremely slim pickings in respects to documentation, software and accessories on the net. I would like to link up with other QX-16 owners to share tips, tricks and resources. Thanks Gordon
  4. O

Snagged an Epson QX-16 Now what?

Hi All, So I recently snagged an Epson QX-16, combo MS-DOS and CP/M machine. The seller claimed it was new old stock and complete. Unfortunately, it isn't new and it came without the docs, disks or monitor. So I've done some searching on the web and can't find much of anything relating to this...
  5. O

WANTED: Eagle CP/M Computer mainboard repair

Hi Guys, Sorry for the late reply I forgot to set it to notify me of any replies to the post. In answer to your questions. The boards are from the later Eagle II series. My location is in San Angelo Texas, USA. At this point I have 3 boards and I am seeing the following symptoms: 1. The...
  6. O

Can you really clean a motherboard this way without damage???

Hi All, I have some very dirty mainboards for an Eagle CP/M computer and just for kicks and giggles I decided to Google how to clean a computer motherboard and one of the methods I ran across is to soak it in 99% isopropyl alcohol and gently scrub it. That recommendation seems kind of insane...
  7. O

WANTED: Eagle CP/M Computer mainboard repair

Hi, I've got several Eagle mainboards (Z80 processor) that I am trying to find someone who can diagnose and repair for me. I have the service manual with the schematics for the computer. Let me know. Thanks Gordon
  8. O

Damaged floppy connector repair on a Kaypro II

Hi All, So a while back I bought a Kaypro from this guy and it was DOA. Broken keyboard connector, no video and it wouldn't boot. So I figured out the video issue, found the parts to rebuild the keyboard connector but it turns out that the problem with the booting is because one of the pins has...
  9. O

Purchase from Ebay Seller Vintage Computer Museum

Hi All, Just wanted to let the forum know I made a purchase from the Ebay seller vintage computer museum. I know that a number of folks here don't think much of them, but I needed a replacement mainboard for my Eagle computer and they were the only game in town. Unfortunately, the board was...
  10. O

History question about Screenwriter II WP by On-line Systems, (later Sierra On-Line)

Hi All, I recently snagged a copy of a word processing program for the Apple II by Online Systems that later became know as Sierra On-Line the game company. I was curious if anyone know anything about it's history? I worked for Sierra On-Line for a number of years back in the early 90's and...
  11. O

Looking to buy an Eagle IIe CP/M mainboard

Hi all, Like the title says I'm looking to buy an Eagle IIe known working mainboard. I have an Eagle IIe with a board with some bad chips and I'm looking for a reasonably priced replacement. If you have one your willing to part with please PM me with what you want for it and your location...
  12. O

Eagle IIE CP/M computer need help/advice with CRT issues

Hi Guys, OK So I need some help here. I just acquired an Eagle IIE CP/M computer. I bought it from a seller on Ebay for $ 300 + Shipping, I know probably way too much, but I have wanted one for a long time as I used to work for an Eagle dealer and always thought they were really cool computers...
  13. O

Commodore C128 CP/M format command parameters question

Hi All, Recently broke out my old C128 and was playing around with CP/M. I have two 1571 disk drives attached to the system and wanted to format a new blank disk in drive B: so naturally I entered at the A: prompt format B: No dice it keeps defaulting to drive A: No it's not a big deal to...
  14. O

Apple IIe 80 column mode basically unreadable - what am I missing?

Hi Guys, Yeah I pretty much figured 80 col composite was a lost cause. I vaguely remember attempts to do 80 col composite on the Commodore 64 and it was bad, a company (Hesware I think) came out with an 80 col cartridge for the C64, (I had one) and it was pathetic, which is why when Commodore...
  15. O

Apple IIe 80 column mode basically unreadable - what am I missing?

Hi All, So I have a Apple IIe that I have been playing around with. It came with a Microsoft Premium Z80 CP/M card. I finally got the CP/M boot disk down loaded and booted it to CP/M. CP/M runs in 80 columns and it is almost unreadable. Thinking that it was the box I am using to hook the Apple...
  16. O

ADTPro serial configuration crashes with Java error

Hi All, I am experiencing a problem with ADTPro and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this and knows a solution. So I have an apple IIe with a Super Serial Card and wanted to use ADTPro in serial mode. My laptop is running Java runtime version 8.0 with ADTPro version 2.0.3. I have tired it...
  17. O

New Apple IIe Owner with memory and documentation questions

Hi All, I recently acquired two Apple IIe computer and discovered that one of them has a memory issue. I was able to confirm this by swapping the memory between the two machines. The set of memory that has a bad chip are labeled 8429 MT 4264 with an Apple logo on the chip. I don't see anything...
Back