• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. X

Help troubleshooting PET 8032 RAM problems?

Well, I've poked around at all the address lines - the actual CPU address lines, the buffered lines, the lines on the other side of the RAM address buffers going into the RAM itself, and the lines going into the refresh address decoder (I think that's what it's called), from the address counter...
  2. X

Should I buy a DEC Rainbow?

Hey everyone, First of all, I should state that I've never ran CP/M before. Not even once. Not even on a friend's computer. :-) But, I've been feeling kind of bored lately and looking for something new to play with. I got started with 8-bit Commodore computers back in the day, and I feel like...
  3. X

Commodore, Commodore, Commodore (ok, and other stuff too...) :-)

Another old fart here who got his start on Commodore 8-bit machines back in the day. My first computer was a VIC-20, but I quickly moved on to a C64, which I had a number of over the years (I even used to run a BBS on one of them), then the Amiga, which I sayed with for as long as I could...
  4. X

Thanks Greg! Well, I'm thinking now that PETTEST is just reporting the *first* bit error that it sees, even if more than one bit in the byte is wrong, and that I probably have more than two bad RAM chips (or something else is wrong), thus the different byte values. I poked around with my meter...
  5. X

I hope some of the experts here can help me bring another PET back from the dead! I have a CBM 8032 (universal PET motherboard 8032089), which was dead when I purchased it (no video, no chirp.) I bought one of Mike's (Bitfixer) ROMulators (a RAM/ROM replacement board for the 6502), and with...
Back