• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

Commodore, Commodore, Commodore (ok, and other stuff too...) :-)

xenium

Another old fart here who got his start on Commodore 8-bit machines back in the day.

My first computer was a VIC-20, but I quickly moved on to a C64, which I had a number of over the years (I even used to run a BBS on one of them), then the Amiga, which I sayed with for as long as I could, until I was dragged, kicking, screaming, and crying, into the MS-DOS world. (But hey, my first MS-DOS machines still a Commodore: a PC-10, so that helped ease the transition.) ;-)

I went on to have a career in IT that I've recently retired from, and I ran an Internet/Web hosting company for about 10 years back in the day, all because of my start with those humble little 8-bits. These days I'm trying to relive some of those times, plus trying to try out some of the things I missed the first time around. (I just bought my first Commodore PET a couple of years ago.) I've also been getting a lot more into the electronics side of things and trying to troubleshoot hardware at the circuit level.

Here's what I'm currently playing with:

Commodore 64 (silver label)
Commodore 64C
Commodore 128DCR
Commodore Plus4
Commodore VIC-20
Commodore PET 8032
Amiga 1000
Amiga 500
Amiga 3000
Commodore PC-10
A flip-top XT clone
TI 99/4A (with the PEB!)
Timex Sinclair 1000
Macinstosh SE
Macintosh IIsi
Original iMac

...and more retro video game related stuff than I could ever list!

Sadly, I used to have a lot more that I had to get rid of years ago... a color NeXT slab, Sun 3 gear, an ADM 3a... I can't believe I had an ADM 3a and let it go. What was I thinking????

Anyway, feel free to say hello if you have similar interests (or even if you don't!)

ClassicHasClass

Veteran Member
Welcome. Lots of Commodore stuff here too (a 128DCR on the desk, a blue foil label PET 2001 on a temporary table, and a QuikPak A4000T under the other table, plus many things not set up).