• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Pacific Northwest Magnolia Micro floppy controller for Heath

For sale: Magnolia Micro floppy controller for Heath -- $50. Includes prototype board and connectors. Free shipping to U.S. only.
  2. N

Someone in Mt. Vernon, WA area with 22Disk?

>> (I mean Chuckwagon is still slinging burgers, or was last time I checked a few years ago) Still there!!! Roger
  3. N

Best "starter" CP/M machine? (and looking for KAMAS outliner software)

Would you be interested in building a small SBC yourself? The attached photo is of my Z80 CP/M homebrew computer. It can be powered off of the USB console port. It has sixteen 8 MB "drives" on a compact flash module. It runs CP/M at 20 MHz, and has two serial ports running at 115.2k baud...
  4. N

Hi Doug, I see you have an interest in Magnolia Micro. I have a MM floppy controller card for...

Hi Doug, I see you have an interest in Magnolia Micro. I have a MM floppy controller card for the H89 (I think -- that's what Herb J. told me).I don't know anything about Heath gear. I'm wondering if I might be able to sell it, and where I can list it for sale? I'd rather not mess with ePay...
  5. N

homebrew Z180

Yes, Plasmo, it is an 18.432 oscillator. I didn't try anything faster because the SRAM is marked 55 n.s. Good to know that it might be able to be powered from USB, bsd64. If you play around with the Z180, you'll soon learn that the on-chip serial is a bit "funky". The IN/OUT opcode using the...
  6. N

FORTH PLASMA + PLFORTH !

>> This is the FORTH curse. Everyone writes their own and marvels at, but nobody uses FORTH for anything but writing FORTHs. Somebody should have told SUN that. *grin* I believe that their boot firmware for lots of the SPARC architectures was written in 4th. I have a copy of it somewhere...
  7. N

homebrew Z180

Here's my homebrew version of the Z-180 design by Stephen Cousins (SC-131). It's very small -- fits on a 100mm x 100mm PCB. It could be lots smaller, but I added some footprints for alternative EEPROM that I wanted to experiment with. Right now it runs with a PDIP Winbond W27C512 (64k) in a...
  8. N

Z80 EMACS for CP/M (2.2)?

Thanks for the pointer to MINCE, Chuck. I had heard of it, but was not acquainted. I see that there's a site on Git for PMINCE (portable MINCE). It's available for the Zilog family AND 68k! Added bonus because I have a number of Z80 and 68k homebrew SBC's. I downloaded the code, so now have...
  9. N

Z80 EMACS for CP/M (2.2)?

I've spent a lot of time trying to get Ralph Betza's version of EMACS working with a VT100 terminal, but so far have been unsuccessful. It looks like his code is set up to work with either an "ASCII" terminal or an "ANSI" terminal (his terms). Setting it for "ANSI" doesn't work. I can see...
  10. N

small 68000 SBC

I suppose that I could do that .... at least the Gerbers. But how? I used to have a "user Web site" on Google where I posted details of a lot of my projects (www.hanscom.us), but several years ago Google "upgraded" the format of their sites and completely destroyed their usefulness for...
  11. N

small 68000 SBC

Yes. Completely homebrew!
  12. N

small 68000 SBC

Here's a small homebrew 68000. It has 2 MB of SRAM and 128k of EEPROM. Runs at 25 MHz. Two serial ports at 38.4k baud via a 68681 DUART. It has a compact flash interface via a Toshiba 82C55A. Currently running CP/M 68k (v1.3) with sixteen 8 MB "disk drives" on the compact flash.
  13. N

tiny homebrew Z80

Here's a little Z80 that runs at 20 MHz. It has a compact flash interface that supports sixteen 8 MB "disk drives". Two serial ports via a ZILOG SIO/0 (one is used for the console). Best part is that it is so low power that it can run from the 5v from the USB console. No other external power...
  14. N

Source for ZETA V2 FDC (WD37C65 or equivalent)

Utsource has a number of them, both PLCC and 40-pin PDIP. Have you tried them? They are not completely immune from the fake stuff, but when I've gotten DOA stuff from them, they made good on my order. Roger
  15. N

Simple, generic 80x24(25) display card

I'm kinda' surprised that nobody has mentioned the ZRT-80! Pretty simple. I think it was developed by Digital Research Computers? I have schematics, but I'm pretty sure that they are available on-line. It is stand-alone -- *NOT* an S-100 card. Roger
  16. N

CP/M and Goteck

>> But I'm more curious as to what kind of machine encodes their disks that way - There are a number -- Cromemco and (I believe) some CompuPro systems. It is quite possible to provide for this rather strange disk format with the flash floppy stuff. I run it on a Cromemco CP/M and CDOS box. Roger
  17. N

NABU Cloud CPM issues

What about NSWEEP? Does it display the same behavior? Roger
  18. N

Late 80s/early 90s MAI Basic Four documentation - anything

I think there is a user on this site who has done extensive work with MAI and even built an emulator? Try a search for "ard"??? I think he is in Germany? I have an old desktop MAI (maybe model is 2000?) and *had* a few monitors but I junked them several moves ago. My MAI used to boot up, but...
  19. N

Picked up a MAI Basic/Four model 6403 tape drive with a tape cartridge

Yes, I think you got the color scheme right (white/beige with red/orange stripes). It looks like a nice Z-80 system, but alas ... only 4 MHz. >> With the 68010 MAI do you mean you want to dump the contents of the hard drive? Yes, but since the drive won't spin up, I'd say that's nearly...
Back