• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Feeler/WTB: ALR Powerflex 386 PC

I am looking to round of my PC collection of my childhood, and the currently elusive unit is the ALR or Advanced Logic Research Powerflex which had the 386/486 Feature card/connector. Mine had the 386 with 4MB of RAM that I can recall, as well as an 80MB WD hard drive. It was my first venture...
  2. M

IBM EduQuest 35 HDD replacement issues

This computer is making me look like a complete idiot. I swear. So, the computer had a 2.1GB drive in it. Quantum. The drive was recognized by the machine, at full capacity, and would actually boot. But it was going bad, so i knew it wasnt long for this world. Still had a bunch of software and...
  3. M

IBM PS/2 Model 30 RAM spotted on ebay

Just spotted these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/172047179502?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Apparently these have been tested and working in a Model 30.
  4. M

Compaq LTE 5380/5400 issue

I pulled out my 5400 for the first time in a long time, and it was working fine. I removed the batteries long ago. Well, For some strange reason today, I turn it on, it takes a little bit to come up (which is normal I think), and then it shows the BIOS screen counting memory, etc... accesses...
  5. M

IBM Model 30 161 error

Well its been over a decade since I used an IBM PS/2 but I ran into a Model 30, so I couldnt pass it up. It is a 286 version. I come from the Mac side of vintage collecting, but now starting to venture over to PCs a little bit. All that aside, I keep getting a 161 163 error on startup which is...
  6. M

WTB: PS/2 model 30 emblem

I am looking for a replacement emblem on my PS/2 model 30. mine is missing. I know these are going to be sorta hard to find, if not unobtainium. But a good reproduction if one exists would be good as well.
  7. M

DIY 286 to 386 upgrade?

Now I know this might be a bit "out there", But I do know there were companies involved in making 286 to 386/486 upgrades. But those are almost unobtanium and go for substantial prices when they do come about. So... Does anyone happen to have schematics, or know of whats involved in processor...
  8. M

WTT: Delta Gold Elite XT for IBM PS/2

I have a complete, very good condition Delta Gold Elite XT computer system. From what I gather, they are somewhat rare, This one works perfectly fine with I think PFS first choice, Word Perfect, and Geoworks Ensemble installed. I dont have the mouse though, if it had one. Hercules graphics...
  9. M

rawrite rawread for PC/XT?

Hey, Is there a rawrite, or raread for the IBM PC/XT 8088? Just curious as I got disks I want to archive and also write via laplink, but when I do raread it locks up the whole machine, so I assume the version I have isnt 8088 compatible any thoughts? thanks.
  10. M

Hard Drive Shot?

I have a compaq portable 2. it has a type 2 hard drive in it. I dont have any clue as to what controller system it uses. it looks like the drive itself is MFM, but then there is a piggyback board on the bottom of it, which uses a single IDE like cable (key pin in different spot, so cant use...
  11. M

Need to figure out something with compaq portable 2

I have a compaq portable 2, it will NOT boot or see the main hard disk. says type 2 on a sticker. machine powers on, and goes to a system options not set error, (dead CMOS battery most likely). it will boot from a dos 6.22 disk i have here. my main question, is there a way to hook a 720k...
Back