• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Just got my first vintage computer, an IBM PC/XT 5160

Just wanted to give an update, been very busy at work and also vacation. I am still unable to find the DACA programming manual. :( If anybody has it or knows someone who has it, that would be very helpful. I have not given up though, I am working on reverse engineering some software for it...
  2. C

I swear I just need one more ;)

I started out this way and now I have 27 vintage computers. I keep telling myself no more, but then I see a good deal lol 😂
  3. C

Have a good trip. I am attempting to get software working for the DACA. If I do or find anything else, I will post as well.
  4. C

Oh yeah and I found this info I pulled out of an old government research document.
  5. C

I spent the last week searching for hours and hours on the internet. I was able to scrounge up some things. Some things I think Modem7 will want to add to his website. I found the user manuals for both the DACA and Interface Module. These are just the basic user manuals I think that came...
  6. C

IBM 5150 w/Expansion Unit 1801 post on Boot

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. I would narrow things down myself. As in remove all cards except for essentials in both the 5150 and the 5161. Sometimes one card can take down or interfere with others. I would also reseat the extender and receiver cards, maybe even try them both in...
  7. C

OK well let me see if I can find this ASYST software. Thank you for the information. I Appreciate it! Just thinking, if you remember which member you sold that card too. And they are still an active member. They probably downloaded that software and documentation, perhaps they still have it...
  8. C

All (detectable) IBM-branded cards that'll work in an XT.

Yes he has the hardware reference manual for it, not the programing support manual or software. I always check.-0 first 😉. I am afraid this programming support manual and software for the DACA may be lost. 🥲. I emailed a couple computer museum to see if they had something. Someone out there...
  9. C

Yeah, I realize it's an old post. I was just hoping somebody archived the documentation and software at the time. Because that Angelfire link is now dead and the programming support manual/software are nowhere to be found on the internet anymore. :( Well thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I...
  10. C

Sorry, not sure what O&A means. I searched all over the web for anything I could find. All I found was this dead Angelfire link.
  11. C

Chuck, I noticed your were in this old thread where Lou pasted a link to the IBM PC Acquisition and Control Adapter documentation/software. You didn't by any chance archive any of that did you? The anglefire link still works but once you get there all the links in it are dead. I can easily...
  12. C

I noticed you mentioned that you have the IBM PC Data Acquisition and Control Adapter. You don't by chance have the programming support manual or software for it do you? I easily found the hardware reference manual for it but nothing else. Let me know if you have anything, thanks!
  13. C

Lou, you didn't by chance archive any of this documentation/software for the IBM PC Acquisition and Control Adapter? I found this angelfire website by Mark W a couple days ago before finding your post here. The links are all dead and I can't find the programming support manual or software...
  14. C

Looking for three IBM Cards

Okay, I found this site where this guy Herb has 3 of these DACA cards. He specified a link to manuals/drivers. But guess what, it's the same link I found with dead links. Man I wish I knew who Mark W. is that originally posted this stuff on AngelFire, he has it all...
  15. C

Well I almost thought I found it. Found this website which had links to it all. https://www.angelfire.com/space/mark_w/ But nope, none of the links work, I keep on searching. I did find that they alternatively refer to thing as the IBM DACA, which is how I found this link.
  16. C

Hello modem7, thank you for the guidance. I have already found the two documents on your most excellent web site (-0). First place I always look for my vintage IBM info. What I am looking for now, is the original software that came with the card. I read in the attached document, that it came...
  17. C

Does anybody happen to have any software or documentation for the IBM Data Acquisition and Control card? I am pretty sure there was supposed to be a disk included with it that contained support files to program it. I'd appreciate any info anybody could provide. Thanks!
  18. C

IBM 5140 PC Convertible Printer

I soldered a wire to the original spring and clipped it to nearby clip.
  19. C

Yes, I actually fix the same issue. I also fixed in a similar way. I have video, if I can get this darn thing fixed I’ll post it. Perhaps I need to increase the tension. Thank you for the info! When I get some more time, I’ll increase the tension on it and see if that fixes it.
  20. C

Here are my observations thus far. I think the following is the correct behavior. 1) Print head should be held forward against paper, printing ,and printer cartridge moving when moving right. 2) As the print head reaches the far right, the paper should advance one line. This paper advance...
Back