• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Symbol data cable or pinout?

I don't know if anyone here can help with this, but I have a Symbol SPT1700 with a CRD1700-1000S charging cradle. The cradle uses an RJ45 to DB9 serial data cable, but I cannot find a cable for this particular cradle. I bought one that I though would work, but it's keyed so that it won't go in...
  2. R

Any Interest in Several C64 Units?

Hi Guys! I haven't been around in a while... I have a very short attention span and have been playing with other iterests lately! In that vein, I have been doing some cleaning up/out and I really need to get rid of some of my systems. For instance, I bought about half a dozen to a dozen C64s...
  3. R

Looking for c/pm OS disk

I have a Hubot robot (http://www.robotsandcomputers.com/robots/personal.php?filename=hubot.htm) that I would like to try to learn to program. I'd alos like to be able to make a copy of the demo disk that I have for him. From what I understand, the original operating system is CP/M 2.2. Does...
  4. R

CP/M help needed for Hubot robot

I just got a Hubotics Hubot robot (http://www.robotsandcomputers.com/robots/hubot.htm) that runs the CP/M 2.2 operating system. I am still looking for the control software for this robot, but when I find it, I am going to need some documentation on programming it. Does anyone know where I can...
  5. R

looking for data cable for Compaq C120+

I never did find a data cable for that C120+ I picked up last year... I don't suppose anyone has a cable that they would like to get rid of? Thanks...
  6. R

latest addition to my Museum...

I thought I'd show off my latest acquisition... a complete Atari 800 XL system, with disk drive, power supplies, two joysticks, a pair of paddle controllers, a couple of games and all of the instruction manuals.... $30 at a Thrift Store with half off. I saw it when it was full price but wasn't...
  7. R

need help on Datalux Databrick power supply

I just bought a Datalux Databrick II portable computer with a touchscreen monitor on eBay that I am planning on using for a car MP3 player. I didn't think figuring out power supply would be a problem, but I was wrong... From what I've seen the power requirements are quite forgiving - 8-16 vdc...
  8. R

Atari Jaguar controller I built

I thought I would share a picture of a controller I built for my Atari jaguar with you. I rewired the Sega controller and attached it to the controller shaped piece of plastic and used standoffs to hold the circuit board at the right height. I included the schematic in case any one else would...
  9. R

Compaq C120+

I picked up a Compaq C120+ at a HamFest this weekend. It was only three dollars and it works great. Anyway, does anybody have a PDF manual for this?
  10. R

Speech Synthesizer not working correctly?

I have a TI-99/4A with a Speech Synthesizer module and I just received TI Extended BASIC and Alpiner that I purchased on eBay. When I play the Alpiner game, the speech module seems to be working - the voice directions are clear and coherent. The problem comes when I try to make the system talk...
  11. R

help finding RAM chips for Heathkit ET-3400 trainer?

At a HamFest this weekend I picked up an Atari 800 system with a disk drive and ham radio interface box, a Garmin Ique 3600 GPS/Palm (I know, not technically vintage but obsolete nevertheless) and a Heathkit ET-3400 trainer. The guy had four, but I only bought one - the most complete. The other...
  12. R

Jaguar owner's manual?

I don't suppose anyone has a (preferably PDF) owner's manual/user guide for the Atari Jaguar Video Game System? Thanks...
  13. R

ok... I've had it!

I now have six freaking c64s with the same problem! I don't understand how this computer ever made it if it is this sensitive. I was using one that was working fine. No problems at all. I turned it off - computer first, then disk drive and then monitor - unplugged everything and set it all...
  14. R

c64 power supply monitor

After frying three C64s because of power supplies going bad, I decided enough was enough. I designed and built a circuit that goes between the power supply and the computer. If the 5vdc line drops below 4.5 volts or goes above 5.5 volts, or if the 9vac drops out completely, then a relay...
  15. R

my latest acquisition

I see everyone else's hauls here and every once in a while I feel a little left out. So I am proud to announce the latest additions to my collection... 7 C64s 2 VIC-20s 3 1541 disk drives 1 1541II disk drive 3 VIC-1541 disk drives 4 C2N datasettes 1 12000 baud modem 1 Super Graphixs Jr printer...
  16. R

1541 disk drive repair parts?

I don't suppose anyone has a spare read/write head for a Commodore 1541 Disk Drive? Believe it or not, I appear to have an open coil in mine. Thanks...
  17. R

since we're on the subject of legality...

I have a program called "the Toy Shop" by Broderbund Software. It came out in 1986 for the Apple, Commodore, IBM PC and Macintosh - although I only have the IBM set of disks. It allowed you to print out patterns that you pasted onto card stock that you could then cut out to assemble 20 different...
  18. R

request for help with broken c64?

I tried to PM ChannelManiac (as suggested by wmmullaney) but I didn't get a response. I'll post it here in case he (or anyone else) can help... I could have sworn that this thing worked the last time that I tried it - several years ago. I went to use it a few weeks ago and the red power LED...
  19. R

not QUITE vintage, but close - software

Ok... I have built a 700 MHz computer that I have installed Windows 98 SE on. I also have a second (500 mb) hard drive in it that I have installed Windows 3.1 on top of MS-DOS 3.3. Is there any (free) way that I can multi-boot between these two hard drives so I can select to boot from DOS...
  20. R

Moore's law?

Is it just me or has anyone else notice that Moore's law - the theory that CPU speed will double every two years (or less) - seems to have hit a brick wall? I have noticed that computers used to be called what they were... An AMD 1.0 GHz chip was called an AMD 1.0 GHz. Now, you have chips called...
Back