• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Ontario Compaq Portable/Plus Keycap 3D Files?

There are learning curves with creating silicon molds and resin casting, from differential wall thickness, resin bubbles, tack surfaces, and the resin taking up moisture. There also tighter tolerances concerns. I will keep in mind of what you said, but I would prefer to work with materials that...
  2. P

Ontario Compaq Portable/Plus Keycap 3D Files?

I guess I’m just putting this out there as more of a question/ discussion point but also a request. I was wondering if it was possible for someone to create 3D files for the Compaq Portable/ Plus Keycaps, instead of trying to source NOS keycaps or look for parts on ebay. As a side tangent if...
  3. P

Data General One EL 2T Problems

removed hex nuts and screen, still wouldnt budge, another plastic bit cracked, a broke, i think im going to stop for now. I’m going to consider my options
  4. P

Data General One EL 2T Problems

Hi, So recently acquired an Data General One Model 2T with the el display, worked fine-ish however recently after plugging in the power adapter, the screen wouldn't display , then then machine wouldn't turn on. I managed to trace the issue down to a faulty/ loose power socket . The issue is I...
  5. P

386 Computer Problems

Ok, I will check
  6. P

386 Computer Problems

Background : Recently Purchased what I thought to be an IBM AT Computer, However, Some previous owner had swapped out the motherboard with an 386 one,BIOS is American Mega trends, and installed an SCSI Card with and SCSI HDD attached to said card, and originally installed with an Combo 3.5" and...
  7. P

Windows 2.1 286 Greyscale/MonoChrome Only Issue

I see. Thanks for letting me know
  8. P

Windows 2.1 286 Greyscale/MonoChrome Only Issue

Hello, In another thread: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/windows-2-x-installation-disk-files.1245146/ I managed to install Windows 286 onto the computer, however on boot up, it only is in grey scale, I don't know what is wrong, considering the cga card I can confirm with games and...
  9. P

Ontario Windows 2.x Installation Disk/Files

OK, It worked , but there are some issues. I will close this thread here though. Thank you all for the help
  10. P

Ontario Windows 2.x Installation Disk/Files

So, here is my conundrum, I have a 286 computer, with ms-dos installed. I want to however, also install Windows 2.x, preferable Windows 2.1, windows/286 onto as a "graphical" interface. I originally wanted to download some windows 2.1 files online , however, most online files i found were disk...
  11. P

Ontario ANDICOM/NABU1600 Microcomputer CPU Unit

This is an ANDICOM minicomputer CPU unit, turn out, specifically the compute unit only. never heard of andicom? well that's because they were merged into NABU, and this CPU unit became part of the NABU 1600. i don't actually know what to do with it, cause it's a mainframe/ minicomputer, and I...
  12. P

Computer? Identification?

Ok, thank you for the information. I looked it up and yeah it's similar to the NABU 1600 mainframe. I don't exactly have the right equipment / software to run it, so it's not much use for me then. I might just offload it then to someone/some org else.
  13. P

Computer? Identification?

Recent Acquired this machine from a thrift store. I don't know if this is an computer or not. It has an Intel 8086 inside, it looks to have RAM, but it also has other components too. On the back, there is 7 proprietary looking ports, and no out for keyboard, video, expansion of any sort...
  14. P

IBM 5140 PC Convertible Recap and More

Update: So in the intermediate time between this, I ordered a nos IBM PC Convertible CRT Display Adapter to test its cga abilities via composite out. However, when I attached my crt adapter in, and turned on the computer, the computer refused to load from floppy drive 1. I took off the adapter...
  15. P

Alright, thanks for the advice, I"ll look into that, and definitely invest into an ESR meter. As for my other two inquests, I guess as long as the LCD panel works, the inverter hum is just an annoyance, and the only way to solve that is with another panel. which is rare to come by.Though I am...
  16. P

Hi, New user here, I am just posting to ask questions, gather information and to leave some documentation to assist future collectors I recently came into acquisition of an IBM 5140 PC Convertible, and there was three areas of, interest here. (Images will be included) 1. Power Board Recap...
Back