• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

archive of 80s computers performing 21st Century tasks

Here is a Compaq Portable II from 1987 running the Vehicle Data Card information of a Mercedes-Benz W126 series 500SEL on the 2009 Bremen Classic Motorshow. I selected the Compaq as it came from rougly the same era as the car, which was built in 1983. The Compag Portable II being the executive...
  2. V

Time to clear out almost 30 years of computer stuff

Some assorted computer bits & pieces lying about: A couple of XT keyboards. 2 IBM monochrome displays (one is included as a 'set' with the IBM AT), the other is a spare. An original IBM XT case (empty). A whole bunch of cables, connectors, printer switches, and other tidbits.
  3. V

The Macintosh Plus with Rodime external hard drive. This computer has some neat software, including original 3.5" disks. Even a version of MS Word, the last thing you'd expect on a Mac :) Original software (on floppy) includes: MacPaint. Macintosh Hypercard (3 disks) Macintosh system/startup...
  4. V

The small PS/2 with 20Mb HDD purring like new. I got and refurbished 4-5 of these many years ago, and spread them across friends and relatives, some were used to run small business administrations for quite some years after. I kept one as a 'show piece'.
  5. V

The Ericsson 'luggable'. No HDD, just a lone 5.25 Inch floppy drive and built-in printer (missing print cartridge).
  6. V

Checkit 3.0 running on the Compaq Portable II. I used the PC as a display piece on a classic car show a few years ago.
  7. V

I had a hard time throwing stuff away, so the collection of vintage computers, software, documentation and misc. hardware has been sitting in the loft for quite some time now. As I have moved to other areas of interest, the stuff is only collecting dust and taking up space. I don't want to...
  8. V

Vintage software and games

Destruction Derby PC Boxed, with original manual and original CD-Rom. Box slightly squashed, otherwise ok. VGA, Mouse and keyboard options. Works best with Pentium 90 with ( Meg of Ram, supports all popular sound cards e.g. soundblaster, roland Adlib, works best with Gravis/AW32. Min req...
  9. V

Vintage stuff in the Netherlands

Cleaning out the loft, so here is some stuff that can go to a new home. Since shipping, etc... is a bit of a headache, I prefer to sell those who can pick up the devices themselves. If you are living in the Netherlands or Belgium, pay attention :) CBM PET, Model 4032, 80-column machine. Has...
  10. V

5170 revisited

After reading those wonderful contributions here, I decided to dig up the 5170 to see if it was still working. Powered up right away after years of standing on it's side in storage. From my old favorite 'checkit' I got some basic data. 1985 BIOS Date. 21Mb hard drive. 720k and 1.2M floppy...
  11. V

Good excuse to list some old junk here

Thank God I'm not the only one who decided to save that stuff back then. Here goes: Altos 580 with Altos Oasis OS. CBM 64, slightly modded, 2nd series in 1st series housing with white keyboard. Complete with Datasette and 1541 drive with built-in parallel copy conversion. Even with Suzo...
  12. V

Compaq Portable II

Just (re)discovered this forum while strolling down memory lane, stumbling across a good supply of vintage (and classic) computers that take up too much space in my attick, amongst others. While preparing a 1983 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL for a classic car show, I thought it could use a little extra...
Back