• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

z80 NMOS / CMOS differences

Hello all, I've just acquired a CMOS z84c0008PEC hoping to use it as a direct replacement for the Z0840004PSC in my homebrew project. It works but only at reduced (<2MHz speeds) whereas the NMOS part works ok up to about 5MHz Any ideas? Is the CMOS part more fussy about loadings / timings...
  2. D

Model 100 disk drive lead and memory

Hello, I've had a TRS-80 model 100 + disk drives for ages but with a blown RAM chip and a broken DIL plug. I'm about to replace the DIL plug and lead from the disk pack but would like to make it longer - is there a maximum length to this? Re the RAM chip would it be possible to use a 6264 as...
  3. D

Flash ROMS unlock boot sector

I just bought 20x PMC pm29F002T-12PC Flash ROMS, unfortunately they all have the boot sector locked which means it can't be re-flashed. According to the datasheet there is a special code sequence that unlocks these - it says to call "the manufacturer". Unfortunately the manufacturer is no...
  4. D

z80 homebrew - interfacing to VGA card

Hello, I've finally got my z80 homebrew machine going its only 25 years since I first wanted to build one! At the moment its very simple but I'd like to (try to) interface it to a 1980's VGA card. I have an old ISA VGA card (pictured) it's marked "CT-8490 Magic VGA" and uses the "Cirrus Logic...
  5. D

Hello from the UK

Hello, I've joined the forum because I'm just starting my own homebrew z80 computer and will no doubt need help - my progress so far can be seen at http://homebrewz80.blogspot.com I've got a good number of other vintage computers: Radio Shack TRS80-Model 100 + Double Disc Drive 1 BBC Master 5...
Back