• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. OS9dude

Looking for replacement for Tandy CM-8 flyback transformer

This is listed as P/N RTRNF1644CEZZ on the Service Manual. Searching on HR Diemen's site (www.hrdiemen.com) has not yielded any results, even with partial part number provided... any ideas what a generic replacement would it be? My CM-8 is dead on the water :confused:
  2. OS9dude

TRS-80 Model 4 Gate Array - half height drives retrofit issue

This past weekend I finally completed a project to bump up my Model 4 Gate Arraye (26-1069A) into what I call a "4D": upped its RAM to 128k and moved the floppies from a bad full-4D into this one. After successfully running tests on it with both LDOS 5.3.1 and TRSDOS 6.2.1 (AR), today when I...
  3. OS9dude

Samsung S3600 Portable - info?

Hello, first post in this forum. I inherited a portable Samsung S3600 computer, came without the power brick, no documents nor disks. Searching the web for information has proved unsuccessful thus far, managing to find only one Pinterest post and an old Ebay auction, nothing more. Right now I...
  4. OS9dude

Tandy 2500/SX20 - upgrades...

Recently inherited a Tandy 2500/SX20 comlete with VGA monitor and Tandy Keyboard, MSDOS 5 and Deskmate disk tagged along. After minor TLC (the computer would not see the HD nor boot from floppy) I got it up and running, now I am looking for options on its expansion. Thus far I found suitable...
  5. OS9dude

Sinclair ZX-81 use with Sharp LCD monitors

While seeking a B&W TV set to be able to use my ZX-81 computer I brought it in to my workplace's lab to test it with several of the LCD/TVs we have for day-to-day use. Most of them gave the overtly dark display one gets due to the back-porch issue the ZX-81 are known to have on their TV signal...
  6. OS9dude

Sinclair ZX81 - bad video

Started working again on my old ZX81. After changing the keyboard membrane for a new one I took on fixing the dark video (back porch missing) problem on the micro - had a good experience with RWAP Software (keyboard replacement) so I sent for their ZX Vid composite retrofit which also corrects...
  7. OS9dude

Model 100/102 Disk Video Interface cable...

Looking for a replacement ribbon cable for the Model 100/102 Disk Video Interface box, got one not too long ago but missing the cable, have both the User and Service manual for this hardware kludge but would first like to see if I could get a pre-built cable before diving in head first to build...
  8. OS9dude

Speech Synthesizer "Uh Oh"

Following up on the recent addition of the TI-99/4A line to my vintage computing pursuits, I was trying to work with the Speech Synthesizer. First I tried the CALL SAY routine in a small TI Extended BASIC environment and only got a string of "Uh Ohs" from the program run. Reverted back to TI...
  9. OS9dude

TI 99/4A Video DIsplay problem

After so many years I finally got my act together and jumped into the TI 99/4A wagon. Had a beat up machine inherited a couple of years ago which I had assumed was not working per the previous owner comments, the video modulator came badly corroded and with no grommets on the cables into it...
  10. OS9dude

Line Printer VII

Inherited a Line Printer VII among many other things Color Computer. Not one of my favorite Radio Shack printers but as it came in free and managed to clean it to showroom condition, the old sentimental thing kicked in and decided to keep it - back on my first days of computing (1980-81) these...
  11. OS9dude

Dragon 32 with SAM satellite / daughter board (Ebay)

Not too familiar with the Dragon 32 architecture: http://tinyurl.com/nrkuo7y Was this part of a revision on a earlier motherboard design or was it an intended feature. Just curious. -- RP
Back