• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. booboo

IBM PC XT 5160 RAM Errors on Bank 0 - It's not RAM?

I'm diagnosing this XT 5160 (64KB-256KB systemboard) that won't post. After replacing the IBM BIOS with Rudd's diag ROM I get a screen and it proceeds to test. It's failing in Bank 0 (2KB) with all chips except Parity shown bad bits. See screen... I've replaced with known good RAM and still...
  2. booboo

Osborne Keyboard identification

I have an OCC1A that has Oak FTM keyboard, and luckily works well still. This weekend I picked up a OCC1 for parts and has another type of keyboard. I see a TEC label on the back, and seems to be more like a keytronic with a PCB unto which the keys plunge into. I haven't fully tested but the...
  3. booboo

Osborne OCC1A won't boot from floppy A, B, or GOTEK

Seeking some ideas, as I've run out of options here... Symptom: Osborne will not book any disk image from Gotek or floppy disk from drive A or B. Background: I have a (new to me) Osborne OCC1A, with factory DD board and a Nuevo 80 column card. ROM 1.51. When booting, it seems to load track...
  4. booboo

Schematics or help with Compaq Deskpro 286 Power Supply - Tantalum Capacitor Values

Hello! I'm hoping someone has restored or has access to schematics to a Compaq Deskpro 286 power supply. It has 2 blown tantalum capacitors: C22 and C24. The picture shows the relative location of those. Unfortunately I didn't record the values before they blew :(
  5. booboo

PCjr motherboard won't POST - Blank screen, 2 beeps

I'm testing a spare PCjr motherboard and have symptoms just like an older thread here: motherboard won't post, blank screen, and 2 beeps. Only motherboard and PS on the bench, tried multiple known good PS. Not even keyboard or IR module installed. What I have observed though is that the...
  6. booboo

8590 with two symptoms: failing XGA and hangs of floppy access

I have this IBM PS/2 Model 90 XP 486 (8590 Type 1 Complex) parts system that keeps doing the following: on (very often) occasion, on boot up it gives (1) Long (2) Short beeps, indicating a bad/missing video. Video is present sometimes, scrambled others, and missing altogether the rest of the...
  7. booboo

The Digital Group - eBay

Interesting machine.... not mine! :)...
  8. booboo

NOS IBM AT - Cool

(Not Mine!) Looking around on Ebay found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Vintage-1988-IBM-PC-AT-5170-Model-339-286-8MHz-512KB-RAM-30MB-HD-CGA-/322000132168?hash=item4af8b41848:g:XsEAAOSwNyFWeJDL A New Old Stock IBM PC/AT, 512K RAM, 30MB HD. Including the two boxes (keyboard came in a...
Back