• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Hobbyist in Phoneix, AZ Willing to Help with Checkout/Storage of an ASR-33 Teletype

Going along with the KSR-33 teletype I acquired, I'm discussing the purchase of an ASR-33 teletype from someone in Phoenix, Arizona. As I'm not near Phoenix (I'm in St. Catherine's - in Canada), I'd like to know if it is possible that a Phoenix based hobbyist could take a look at the ASR-33...
  2. C

Bringing up a KSR-33 Teletype

Hello again peoples. I've recently come across a KSR-33 teletype that my university was discarding (I've switched schools by the by, I'm at Brock University now, not the University of Waterloo). The teletype doesn't have a dialer or anything in it, so it was most definitely used either as a...
  3. C

Need help bringing up an IBM PS/2 Model 50Z and a Samsung SD620

Hiya all, I'm currently helping one of my old computer engineering teachers bring up some pretty old systems. (Mostly for the purposes of educational demonstrations, but otherwise... yeah.) The first system we have to bring back to life, is an IBM Personal System/2 Model 50 Z. It powers up...
  4. C

I need some help with RSTS/E

Hello again everyone. I've not been very talkative of late, but I have been lurking for a while. (Though, that too has been a bit interrupted by my coursework.) I've recently, come across a nice RSTS/E v9.6 distribution. This page to be specific. And I've been having quite some fun with it...
  5. C

Whgat do you use your vintage systems for?

Well I've looked through the forums with the search, and unless I've not been through enough then this might be a good fresh post: What do you use your vintage systems for? Just answer the question in the poll and if you like, comment on your systems further! Let me start... As I don't really...
  6. C

Hellos from the Silicon Valley of the North!

Hello everyone, I'm Creideiki (username based upon a character from a novel by David Brin), though my real name is far less interesting. I'm a vintage computing enthusiast (though hardwarewise I'm happy for any old computer as long as it falls into the correct category in my personal "vintage"...
Back