• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

2 new additions to the family

linemanduke

Veteran Member
got two new macs a mac classic and a plus. well the plus starts but i have no keyboard and the classic doesnt.

the classic turns on to a screen filled with white and black squares and hen sometimes actually gets to a screen with a mouse but nothing else.

the plus is different . it has no keyboard and the internal hard drive isn't spinning up. so i need to get a new key board and do the sticktion thing on the drive.

oh btw be fore yall tell me that the plus has no hard drive mine has the hyperdrive 20 upgrade.

ok here i go moving fast again lol. got the drive in the mac plus working tries to boot get happy mac then get sad mac and 0f0101 error.

ooooh, you're lucky to have a HyperDrive in your pus. Those things are pretty rare.

The Classic Sounds like it has problems with it's Analog board, though I'd check the Caps on the Motherboard (They like to fail and gum everything up). There are lot's of tutorials on the 'net about how to correct analog board and Capacitor problems, so it should be repairable, whatever the problem is.

yeah thanks i have been told the classic has those problems if i could only get in the case.at least the mouse works lol.

ive been trying find info on the error code from the plus but no luck so far. i guess ill have to keep searching.

ill try im still using the IIci as my main computer found out the back up disk i got from the people who sold me the laptop has a virus on it. so im searching for a microsoft xp professional disc. until then i cant even use my computer for word processing starts up instant missing dll the bsod.

well found priblem wit the classic pram leakage its gross anyone have a spare mobo?

i still cant get the mac plus to work happy mac with lines t0oo the left and right of it then sad mac 0fo101

i do have windows back on my laptop now so pics and video are soon to follow

well found priblem wit the classic pram leakage its gross anyone have a spare mobo?
Unless the PRAM battery leakage corroded traces or other contacts on the board, all you need to do is throw it in the dishwasher –*no soap and no heat dry. Let it dry 2 or three days in low humidity and that should fix it.

Back