• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

4004 Development System

antiquekid3

Veteran Member
Hi all,

Is there any interest in a modern 4004 "trainer"? I am trying to gauge some interest in the community to see if it would be worthwhile developing such a system. It would have similar functionality to an Intel Intellec 4.

Thanks,

Kyle

Did you ever heard of a/the IASIS 4004 trainer? It might be nice to make yours compatible with this as well.

Hey Bill, I've not heard of one before. Do you have one, or the associated documents? Didn't see anything on eBay or bitsavers pertaining to it.

Kyle

Do you have ROM listings in the manual? How about schematics? Maybe if you get a chance, you could scan some pertinent pages.

I couldn't find any more information on the 4004 trainer pictured, other than describing what it can do. No schematics, code, anything.

http://webpages.charter.net/bkotaska/mcs4_micro.htm

I have some ideas of what I want to do, but it'll take some time. I'll get there eventually! I have an Intellec 4/40 to play with, which gives me the ability to do some software development without any extra hardware.

I believe he used a 4289 chip. Do you intend to make a
interface circuit to go between the pmos to ttl or use
something like the 4289.
Dwight

I was going to use either a 4008/4009 combo or a 4289. I may design a board that allows one to use either one or the other, along with either a 4004 or a 4040.

Although, I see these available on ebay sometimes,
it would be better to make a simpler interface with easier
to get transistors and a few IC's.
It is cool to use the original parts Intel created but
this could cost unneed pressure on hard to get parts.
Also, nether of these parts support the full 4002 RAM
instructions.
Dwight

Back