• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

4016 working as 8032 want 2 go back

polishedball

Experienced Member
I have a 4016 with a 12inch screen and board that was updated to 80 col and 32meg memory. I am OK with the memory upgrade but would like to bring this back to a 40col machine as indicated by the model number. (I have an 8032 already and it would be nice to run 40col prg's without the 80240 screen prg first)

It looks like the wire jumpers have been moved and an eprom swap was done it is labeled 80col + FA0. Is there an easy guide and eprom bin file somewhere to bring this back to how it was?

Also there is a Tool Kit 4.0 rom added how is this accessed?

Also will be bouncing some 2001-8 ?'s soon as i have a dead one, but haven't even looked at the supply yet. Just finished repairing my pile of 64's and 128's now moving to the PET's

Thanks

John

Thanks that got me to the tool kit.

Any ideas where I can find the jumper setup for the universal 8032 board that is in this machine? This explains the board and what it does http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/schematics/computers/pet/univ/8032080-1.gif but can't find how to configure it for -03.
I thought it was pretty clearly marked on the schematics and the PCB; a little googling will find lots of info on the conversion including a switchable 40<>80 mod.

I have a 4016 with a 12inch screen and board that was updated to 80 col and 32meg memory. I am OK with the memory upgrade but would like to bring this back to a 40col machine as indicated by the model number. Also there is a Tool Kit 4.0 rom added how is this accessed?
Thanks

John

32 Meg? Wow now that's an upgrade.

Back