• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

512MB 7800GTX wanted

RetroDan

I've been looking for one of these to throw into my Powermac G5 Quad, and they are strangely impossible to find.

I have to go digging around sometime in the near future to actually check, but I think I may have one. Any particular maker you're looking for? I think mine is an EVGA.

The model is irrelevant, provided that it is confirmed to have 512MB and that it is the PCIE interface one, not the AGP. I will confess that I would prefer EVGA or the reference model from NVIDIA (or the DELL version, which is pretty much just a rebadge), but they're all good. If you're interested in a trade or straight cash, I'm sure we can come to an agreeable arrangement.

Last edited:
Are you aware that it needs to have Apple firmware if you want to use it in a G5 Mac? You can't use one made for the PC, as its firmware will be x86 code. That is, unless you just want to use it as a secondary card - then it does not matter.

Are you aware that it needs to have Apple firmware if you want to use it in a G5 Mac? You can't use one made for the PC, as its firmware will be x86 code. That is, unless you just want to use it as a secondary card - then it does not matter.

I'm well aware. I'm no stranger to flashing PC Cards to their Mac equivalent, but thank you for the information regardless.

Back