• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

64 edition of the streight 8 users hand book

1ajs

Experienced Member
is it worth scanning?

december 1964

has notes writen in it with red pen covering errors and such
7HYCDs.jpg

That is May 1966 version. It is possible that the December 1964 version differs in a material way though I am not sure finding that DEC made a mistake in an early printing would be noteworthy enough to spend the time scanning. Others probably disagree so sell the book to them and let them scan it.

Note that DEC routinely revised content in their Handbooks, both adding and removing, for reasons having nothing to do with errors. This was quite common in even successive year publications under the same name. A two year gap even more-so. It's definitely worth scanning and archiving. I'd be happy to pay the darn'd Canadian postage to here (Maryland) to get that to happen :->.

1ajs: PM me and we can work out the details ...

Note that DEC routinely revised content in their Handbooks, both adding and removing, for reasons having nothing to do with errors. This was quite common in even successive year publications under the same name. A two year gap even more-so. It's definitely worth scanning and archiving. I'd be happy to pay the darn'd Canadian postage to here (Maryland) to get that to happen :->.

1ajs: PM me and we can work out the details ...

Has red pen notes in it crossing some stuff and adding things in as well

Definitely worth scanning, particularly since it shows a (prototype?) 8 front panel that looks more like a PDP-5 than the production PDP-8. I'd certainly like to have a scan of that single page if nothing else!

Jack

Back