• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

7 new systems; AT&T 6300, IBM Powerserver, Libretto, Tandy 1400LT & more

Somebody went to EDS today.... only 3 days left! :) Congratulations on your new systems. They had some SGI systems a couple of weeks ago, did you pick that up too?

Somebody went to EDS today.... only 3 days left! :) Congratulations on your new systems. They had some SGI systems a couple of weeks ago, did you pick that up too?

Nope! Didn't see any SGIs there. There are a couple of Sun workstations, but I didn't need the E450 (too big and heavy) or another SPARCstation 10. They still have a NeXT display. But that was about it on the Unix side of the house.

Cool! Always great to see some Olivetti (or AT&T!) stuff!

I was pleased to find a great intro video to the 6300 on YouTube. Turns out it was produced by Trixter :)

I haven't tried turning this system on yet. After the Tandy 1400 refused to power up, I want to maintain the optimistic illusion that the other stuff will just work, for a bit longer :)

Here's the link to Trixter's 6300 video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUCh46_MzZU

Glad you liked the video. For some downloads of AT&T PC 6300 disks and software and manuals, go here: https://sites.google.com/site/att6300shrine/Home/downloads

Thanks! I'll download those disks over the weekend.

Trixter said:
And of course I'm willing to help if you still have trouble getting the 6300 up and running. Hopefully you got the keyboard and monitor with it...

Thanks again. That's very kind of you. I'll probably need some help!

Luckily, I did get the display and keyboard with it. No mouse, but that shouldn't be a showstopper for now.

EDS was a used electronics discount store in the Dallas metro area. Unfortunately, they went out of business. There was a very large sale event that went on for a few weeks prior to their closing. They had a museum section in the store where they showcased a significant number of vintage computers. These were not as heavily discounted, but were sold off nonetheless. I barely made it to Dallas in time, but was able to fill up most of an SUV w interesting things.

Back