• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8087 Applications and Programming for the IBM PC and Other PCs

Ruud

Veteran Member
I found the PDF of this book on internet, very interesting. It does mentioned it is accompanied with a disk. I searched internet but nothing found. Does anybody have (the contents of) this disk and is willing to share it with us?

Thank you very much!

I have a copy of the first edition (1983). There was no disk included, just a coupon to purchase it from the publisher for another $30. I don't imagine they sold many at that price.

The coupon says the disk contains the source code listings and assembled object code. So if you have the book, you already have the information that was on the disk. Just some extra typing to get there.

The coupon says the disk contains the source code listings and assembled object code. So if you have the book, you already have the information that was on the disk. Just some extra typing to get there.

Is OCR not good enough to do that? (I'm not familiar with the current state of OCR).

It looks like the PDF already has OCR, but it's not perfect (rarely is). There are problems in the code with semicolons, commas and underscores. Sometimes it reads each column separately like a newspaper. So it would need some work.

Back