• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

820-0044-C vs 820-0001-04 opinions

Druid6900

Veteran Member
Ok, I have a decked out Apple II+ case with Sup R Mod, back-mount joy-stick plug and a higher-end memory, a Multi-plex Tech 80 column card (with composite and cable outputs), grappler+ card and Modem80 card.
Now, the board that originally came in it was the 0001-04 and it tests fine. However, I have a loose 0044-C board (which also tests fine) that is more in keeping with the Apple II+ (although I know they used the 0001-04 boards in some of the early II+ system).
Would I be better off (from a seller point of view) to put the 0044-C in the case and sell the 0001-04 board off on it's own, the other way around or would it not matter much at all?

Any opinions would be welcome.

What serial is the II+? Generally you're always better to keep it original... a Rev 04 will always have more value than the RFI boards.

more in keeping with the Apple II+ (although I know they used the 0001-04 boards in some of the early II+ system).
Would I be better off (from a seller point of view)
I have a II Plus with a Rev 3 board in it, dated 1979. I think it makes more sense to keep the Rev 4 board with that complete machine.

Well, I suppose that I would probably get about the same total amount for the two items regardless of which was in the case, and authenticity is an important aspect, so, we'll leave the 04 in the case and sell the 44-C loose.
The 04 has 7990 hand-written in the top left, so, would that be the assembly date?
The board itself has a copyright of 1978 under the banner below the 6502.

Thank you for your opinions and leaving the system original IS the right thing to do.

That doesn't sound right.. 7990? That would be the 90th week of 79.

At some point the 'RFI' boards went to serial numbers I think... but the earlier ones I thought still used the four digit YYMM date code format.

Back