• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A little fun with big Tandy's

Hans01

Experienced Member
I hope to reach all the big Tandy owners with some useful information about using
the IDE harddisk with LS-Dos 6.3.1a.

I do have a Model II and a Model 12, one with a graphics board and both with a hans-02 / Lo-Tech interface.

I have a 128Mb DOM with a lot of software and graphics programs. It is possible now to distribute
the data on the Dom as an image.
A lot of Model4 graphic files run on model II's and GBASIC63/CMD runs most of the graphic BAS files.
They are all on the DOM, not all tested, there always keeps something to do.

Here is how to use the DOM, convert the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdmpphpd6qr9vyf/BOOTLD6.IMD?dl=0 to a bootable disk.
The disk contains the drivers and the harddisk setup.

Now program the DOM. First download the image https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypyl623b906engq/2.imgc?dl=0 .
Connect the powercable to the DOM (You can order one with the DOM) or modify the IDE adapter (picture 4) and carefully open the device
and connect +5 volt to pin 20 of the 40 pin connector. Now you don't need the powercable

Build a connection cable (picture 2). Connect the ide adapter and the DOM with the connectioncable (picture 4)
Download and install HDD RAW COPY TOOL 1.10 from www.hddguru.com set source (the image file) and destination (the DOM)
and load the image (picture 5)
This way of backup and restore DOM image is developed by GAZZA (Thanks for that)

Now install the hans-02 and boot from the created bootdisk.

Have fun :p

HPIM0323.jpg HPIM0324.jpg HPIM0325.jpg HPIM0326.jpg HPIM0328.jpg

I'm confused about the cabling. How does the Lo-Tech IDE plug into the Hans-02?
Do you need a 50 pin IDC to 62 pin edge connector?

Or do you just need the Lo-Tech to create the media on a PC?

Forget it. I see you're referring to the Lo-Tech IDE for TRS-80, not the Lo-Tech 8-bit IDE. Man was I confused for a few minutes...

Back