• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A New S-100 Bus Extender Board

monahan_z

Experienced Member
For people interested in building/repairing S-100 systems Andrew Lynch at N8VEM and I at S100Computers.com have just completed the construction and testing of an S-100 bus Extender board.

Besides the required S-100 connector at the top of the board, the board has four LED's along the top left hand side of the board and a probe attachment point to test for a Logic High, Low, logic High to Low transition or a logic Low to High transition as well as their corresponding continuous pulses. There is also a high and low sounding buzzer for the High and Low logic states.
There are also three LED to indicate +8, +16 and 16 Volts on the bus. These lines also have 1.6A fuses.

For more information please see:-
http://s100computers.com/My System Pages/Extender Board/Extender Board.htm
Contact information at the bottom of the page. Depending on interests these bare boards should run $30-$40.

Anyone who does much S-100 work in a crowded backplane should grab one of these. I've got an old Vector extender, and it's great to have. Sure beats shuffling the cards around every time you want to test something!

Hi! This weekend I ordered a batch of these S-100 Bus Extender PCBs which should arrive in late August. In addition to the usual S-100 bus extender these include a logic probe with speakers, inline fuses for power rails, power indicator LEDs, and convenient attachment points with VCC and GND for logic probes, oscilloscopes, etc. The PCBs will be $20 each plus $3 shipping in the US and $6 elsewhere. Please contact me at LYNCHAJ@YAHOO.COM if interested.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Back