• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Additional 8032 Rom space

polishedball

Experienced Member
Wondering what software might be out there that can be loaded from a ROM in the empty additional holders on an 8032 board. Are these archived somewhere? Thanks

There was "Wordpro" (?), which (obviously enough) is a word processing software, that had a ROM that needed to be installed. You can find a copy (of the ROM image) on funet, IIRC. You can argue that either the ROM is needed to save RAM or that it's a primitive form of copy protection...

I have an original copy with ROM and Document binder that came with my SuperPET.

Wondering what software might be out there that can be loaded from a ROM in the empty additional holders on an 8032 board. Are these archived somewhere? Thanks
There's not much application software; there are various tools, utilities and BASIC extenders/enhancers, and also 'dongles' that were required in order to run software like WordPro and VisiCalc, etc.; Bo has a couple on his site
http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/pet/roms/index.html
and there are others scattered around here and there, but I don't know of a really comprehensive site; anyone else know? I've got a few that I could post somewhere if they're not already out there.

Back