• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ADDS Multivision

Jannie

Experienced Member
Looking for any information and, especially disk images, for the ADDS Multivision system, if anyone can help, please.

In general, where are the good online sites to find obscure disk images?

ADDS Multivision - 04.jpgADDS Multivision - 02.jpg

The Principles of Operation on bitsavers is pretty comprehensive, including schematics for the beast. It shouldn't be impossible to get MP/M running on the thing.

looks like people have been trying to find this for 30 years
I checked the full Maslin archive, and there isn't anything from ADDS there.

I have the theory of operations manual on bitsavers, copied by sites all over the net.
Thanks Al, appreciate it.
Also thanks for the link to the other posts from the 90's. I'll definitely see if I can find some of those people. :)

From those posts, it would seem that MUON and MP/M could also be key words to search on.

Last edited:
I know it's a very little contribution, but on the MSPP microbee archive, "tech/tech" section they recovered a tool named "BEE Alien".
It is capable of reading on "ADDS Multivision" disk type to extract data.
The uBee512 emulator is good enough to simulate the low level drive formatting capabilities, well, also MAME should be able to.
SO creating a valid DATA disk for the Multivision is not an impossible task, just quite difficult. Building a valid CP/M BIOS and making it bootable is another pair of shoes..

By dissecting the mentioned tool, I can say the MUON Operating System (Applied Digital Data Systems Inc.) disks had 40 tracks, 2 sides, 10 sectors per track, 256 directory entries, 2 boot tracks. Extent size: 2048.

This is the EPROM on the CPU board.
Jennie, my.company was one of Applied Digital Data Systems first Multivision resellers in the NY Metro Area in 1979-1980. We spent many hours at they facility in Hauppauge, NY debugging the firmware, hard drive controller and MUON. We developed a number of small business management systems to run on the platform and I have an full Multivision stack consisting of the I, II and III modules. The system was last booted in 2017. I am.looking for a home for the system.

Back