• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Advices for moving a PDP-11/23 + 2 RL02

marcopolo

Experienced Member
Hi,

I found a PDP-11/23 with 2 RL02 drives 550km from my home.

I need to lock the heads, that's OK I found some documentation about that.

My problem is: How could I remove the 2 RL02 drives from the rack?
Is it easy to dismantle the rails?

Your advice will be welcome

Thanks,
Marc

PDP-11-23.jpg

Marc,

C'est trés facile. When you roll the RL drive all the way out on its rails (as if you were gong to load a pack), look at the rail itself. You will see a latch on the bottom side of the rail about 25cm back from the front of the drive. Press them up on both sides and the drive will roll out further. There is a clearance hole in the side of the rail, which when the drive is rolled out so that the clearance hole is 55cm from the front of the drive, you will see and be able to remove a screw that secures the drive the rail. Take that screw out on both sides. Then, there are two latches on the top of the rail about 15cm back from the front of the drive, lift them up and pull the drive further forward, this time the drive will slide on the top of the rails. If you pull it about 1cm, that is enough to clear a small tab on the rail at the back of the drive. Once the fixed portion of the rail (that stays with the drive) is clear of the tab on the moving portion of the rail (that stays with the rack), you can then lift the whole drive up off the moving portion of the rails.

Lou

Back