• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Allison's paltry collection

Re: onto other topics...

Re: onto other topics...

Chris2005 said:
Allison, what do you think of SGI and Sun puters. I've always had a hankering for an Indy, though it may just be due to the way it looks.

Actually I know little about them. The few I've had contact with impressed me. The Indy is apparently a fairly fast and sophisticated graphics workstation if memory serves. Being unix boxen or at least a flavor of *nix makes then more useful of the collectables as they are networkable.

Allison

Allison said:
I didn't write the quoted stuff. never had a C64.
Ok. All this weird, broken quoting in this thread makes my head spin. It appears that you have the setting "Always allow BBCode" in your profile turned off, so the quoted messages appear as code rather than quotes. Maybe you would like to consider that setting?

carlsson said:
Allison said:
I didn't write the quoted stuff. never had a C64.
Ok. All this weird, broken quoting in this thread makes my head spin. It appears that you have the setting "Always allow BBCode" in your profile turned off, so the quoted messages appear as code rather than quotes. Maybe you would like to consider that setting?

OK maybe that works better.

Allison

an now for something really old...

an now for something really old...

right...so who's interested in an IBM Hollerith punch card puncherer? Supposedly works too. I was told even the museums don't want 'em no more.

wish I may, wish I might

wish I may, wish I might

that would be cool, but I have neither the space to store nor the funds to ship.

If you have any cards though, that would be sweet ;)

it's not likely there's an abundance of cards for the thing, just what was loaded on the machine. If I did take delivery, they'd have to go with it. If I didn't, the guy would want to keep them. Sorry.
What's a beast like that worth on Epay or wherever though?

Back