• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Alps floppy for a PS/2 model 70

butch

I am in need of a Alps floppy for a PS/2 model 70. The alps model number is DFP723D12A. IBM Part number 15F7503. Does anyone know where I can get one at a reasonable price??

Thanks

Bu:confused: tch

Ummmn...I have a PS/2 floppy drive in my hands right now, but it's a Panasonic JU-237A03W, IBM FRU #79F0983, not the Alps. You can have it for shipping cost, if it'll do ya any good.

--T

Ummmn...I have a PS/2 floppy drive in my hands right now, but it's a Panasonic JU-237A03W, IBM FRU #79F0983, not the Alps. You can have it for shipping cost, if it'll do ya any good.

That is particular to the PS/2 L40SX. Probably a good item to have for spares on that model (I've got maybe six complete L40SXs). I've not seen those floppies fail like others (the Alps drives are the most problematic).

http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/8543/8543.html#floppy

Last edited:
Terry

The floppy I need has the 40 contact card edge connector that plugs directly to a daughter board. it does not connect with a ribbon cable and has no connector for power. Does this sound like the one you have? Would it be possible for you to send me a pic? If you want a pic of the one I have I will be glad to send one. Just let me know where to send it. The documentation I have found is about Alps and Miteubishi drives. I think they were the only ones that made drives for IBM during the PS/2 Model 70 period or 8570 models

Thanks

Butch

Last edited:
Back