• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amiga memory

fatwizard

Veteran Member
Hi all. I am a bit confused about adding memory to my Amiga 2000HD. I like my A2091 SCSI card that provides up to 2 meg of ram expansion for the system because it's the only SCSI card I have that I can get a CDROM working on. The problem I have is I can't figure out how to add another ram card because they seem to conflict with the A2091's ram. Is there a way to change the starting address of the expansion ram cards, or are there ram cards that allow this adjustment that I am not aware of?

The Amiga came to me late in life, after MANY years in the PC/DOS/Windows realm. The Amiga has been great fun, but a little confusing at times. I may be missing something obvious.

As far as I know, it should be possible to insert multiple expansion cards, and they should autoconfig themselves. But it may be possible that it only works with certain combinations of cards. Never tried it myself.

This was brought up in another thread recently actually. If I recall the memory expansion is hardmapped, so if you add more ram via another card or on the logic board you had to remove ram off the A2091.

Back