• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ampro Little Board Site

saundby

Experienced Member
I've just posted a small site on the Ampro Little Board, a Z-80 system from 1984:

http://saundby.com/electronics/AmproLB/

I've got ad scans from the time showing what got folks excited about this system, comparisons to the Big Boards, specs, info on included software, and info on my system as well as software I use on it.

If anyone has material/links I can add, or suggestions, let me know.

I may have a few boot diskettes in the archive for the LB.

I remember Ampro back then--located on Evelyn by the Mary(?) overpass by the railroad tracks. Run by a nice fellow with the unusual name of Bill Dollar.

I may have a few boot diskettes in the archive for the LB.

I remember Ampro back then--located on Evelyn by the Mary(?) overpass by the railroad tracks. Run by a nice fellow with the unusual name of Bill Dollar.
And I remember them as well; the Canadian rep was an equally nice fellow in Victoria BC IIRC, although I don't recall his name.

I contemplated using LBs in an industrial application I was developing way back then (and probably still have some literature somewhere), but in the end I went with Rockwell AIM-65s for the integrated display and printer; also, since I'd been writing software for the PET/CBM platform I had more tools and experience to work with a 6502.

They're still around as part of Adlink; I think their excellent PC/104 products saw them through the hard times that buried most other companies of those days.

OK. There are some disks I've got linked already. I'll check them against what I've got. Then as time permits I'll post what I've got that isn't already online. Then maybe we can see what you've got that isn't already represented. :)

Back