• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Another prop question

atari2600a

Veteran Member
In a few episodes of Knight Rider, (even ep. 0101 (Season 01, Episode 01)), I've seen a few dumb terminals (cleverly placed next to some Altair 8" drives) display monochrome images. Does anyone know if the terminal CRT was just modded to display a composite signal, or was the CRT just replaced?

This has been bugging me for a while now...

Major LOL. Don't think I have ever watched that show more than 2 minutes while changing the channel. I know the actor that does the car's voice, so whenever I watched it, I always thought of that guy. They should have gone for a more mechanical voice but as the car was half the show, that wouldn't have worked either.

It worked in Beneath A Steel Sky... (of course that was done in the early nineties, when mechanizing a voice was simple-- well, simpler...)

Last edited:
"That guy" is none other than William Daniels, aka Dr. Craig from St. Elsewhere.
More recently, he's been voicing on various cartoons.

And the way they get props to do things they don't normally do is called "movie magic".

"That guy" is none other than William Daniels, aka Dr. Craig from St. Elsewhere.
More recently, he's been voicing on various cartoons.

And the way they get props to do things they don't normally do is called "movie magic".

He also played Mr. Feeny, The School Principal, on "Boy Meets World" I believe too.

You mean the guy who kept spitting? I think I remember him (from the VERY LITTLE I remember from that crappy Disney Channel series) (This show was kinda before my time, kinda like the Smurfs & Pee-Wee's Playhouse)(I'm not saying that Boy Meets World was a kiddie show, I'm just saying it was before my time)(note to self: Stop using parenthesis(is this the right word?) too much!:p)

Hey, has he ever hooked you up w/ some props Chuck?

You mean the guy who kept spitting? I think I remember him (from the VERY LITTLE I remember from that crappy Disney Channel series) (This show was kinda before my time, kinda like the Smurfs & Pee-Wee's Playhouse)(I'm not saying that Boy Meets World was a kiddie show, I'm just saying it was before my time)(note to self: Stop using parenthesis(is this the right word?) too much!:p)

Hey, has he ever hooked you up w/ some props Chuck?

I don't remember Feeny spitting, but I do remember him always coming after Corey Matthews and asking him to see him after class for something he did wrong.

Boy Meet's World was a little after my time, I grew up on Full House, Family Matters, Step By Step, the classic TGIF lineup, as well as some stuff from before that like Perfect Strangers.

I've been going through eps of old shows like that on youtube looking for computer props. I believe I caught a glimpse of a late Compaq Prolinea/Deskpro or a Tandy 1000 on Small Wonder a while back when I was watching some eps on youtube.

Hmmm, poor wording on my part. I should say "I recognize the voice". I don't personally know him.

Not really props, but...

I was watching a tape I made in 1988 of a sitcom (The Associates). There's a commercial for DeVry Technical Institute that has row upon row of what appears to be IBM model 5160.

Now, as for how I know the tape was made in 88, there's a promo for the movie "Married to the Mob" and it says "opening August 19."

Kent

LOL, I have a VHS recording of "The Ten Commandments" from (I believe) 89, & there's some C64/128 commercials, that practically said that if you buy THIS instead of a game system, your kid will take it to collage & still use it! :p

Back