• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Any Interest in an HP Apollo?

Dirk

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the correct place to post this message.

The company that I work for is closing down and has some old computers that will be recycled. I am thinking of taking some of the equipment myself. Following is a list of some of the stuff I can pick up:

Quantity Description
1 PA-RISC Powered Visualize C200
4 PA-RISC Powered Visualize C240
2 HP Apollo Model 715/50
1 HP Apollo Model 715/80
1 HP Apollo Series 700
2 HP PA-RISC Visualize Workstation C3600

I am just wondering if I should bother with this equipment. I am more interested in IBM compatibles and or Apple computers personally, since I have more experience with them. I am thinking that these might have some value for trading purposes, if anyone is interested. I only have until Monday evening 2-9-09 to pick up the stuff since a recycler will be picking them up on 2-10-09.

Any thoughts?

Dirk

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the correct place to post this message.

The company that I work for is closing down and has some old computers that will be recycled. I am thinking of taking some of the equipment myself. Following is a list of some of the stuff I can pick up:

Quantity Description
1 PA-RISC Powered Visualize C200
4 PA-RISC Powered Visualize C240
2 HP Apollo Model 715/50
1 HP Apollo Model 715/80
1 HP Apollo Series 700
2 HP PA-RISC Visualize Workstation C3600

I am just wondering if I should bother with this equipment. I am more interested in IBM compatibles and or Apple computers personally, since I have more experience with them. I am thinking that these might have some value for trading purposes, if anyone is interested. I only have until Monday evening 2-9-09 to pick up the stuff since a recycler will be picking them up on 2-10-09.

Any thoughts?

Dirk

C200's and C240's are cool - desktop-style boxen, rather heavy.
C3600 would be cool - how much for 1 shipped to 33126? I *MIGHT* be interested...
Think I still have HP-UX 10.20 and 11i around somewhere...

I dunno - I was never really keen on HP-UX - I had a C240 years ago, around 2000 I think? Didn't hang around with me long, though :)
What's config on the C3600's? CD and Video card present, at least?

T

I don't have the computer yet, so can not properly weigh it. I am guessing its weight to be about 35lbs. Shipping via UPS 2nd day air to 33126 would be $135.14 if the weight is correct.

I will check on the condition.

Dirk

Just thought I'd say thanks for trying to salvage some machines and my sympathies for the company closing. Hopefully you don't have much downtime if any with your job.

Yea, sad day yesterday seeing all the computers going to recycle. My boss let me have just one working HP C240 with a 20" monitor for myself. It has HP UX 10.20 running the CDE. 500M of RAM and 4.5G HD. I was able to boot a few of them and pick one I wanted. I also got some spare parts too. In its day the C240 was a great system. (It would be nice to pick up Mathlab for HP UX so I could have an application)That is as much as I was able to obtain. I am sorry that I was not able to pick up anything else. I will have to weigh the C240... it seems to weigh about 60lbs or more. The CRT is a monster.

As far as the job search goes I have another 2+ months with the company. I hope to find something by then. Thank you for the good wishes.

Dirk

Out of curiosity were any of those machines in actual use or just stuff in the closet that was getting recycled before they closed their doors for good?

Back